For what cause though?

~Espio~

Something's up..There's no good reason on why Silver would just randomly date someone. He doesn't even mention her!

"You know what? Heh I'm-"

"Espio?" A voice said behind me.

I tuned and it was Rouge.

"Damn you look like shit, come on sit down with me and spill." I groaned and went to sit with her. There's no getting out of this.

___________________

She sat across me holding a cup in her hands. While I sat down crossing my arms.

"I know you like him Espio." Rouge sighed. Putting her cup down.

"Then why is he- ugh something's up Rouge I know it, Silver HARDLY mentions Blaze and out of NOWHERE they get together?!" I said getting up.

"I'm well aware of that. But it's for a reasonable cause." She said trying to keep her voice down.

"What?"

Rouge sat up in her chair a little more and let out a sigh.

"I wouldn't call it using him, but a cover up.".

"What? Your telling me that she's using him as a cover up?"

"Yea... Listen don't you even try running to Silver about it, it's a lot more complicated than you think ok?"

"Fuck you mean not tell him?"

Rouge raised her brows at me and gave me a glare.

"Espio don't."

"Don't what? Watch my best friend get used?! For what cause?" I said slamming my hands on the table.

"Calm down! Just- listen yes, I don't agree how she's going by with it but it's for a...good reason. "

What is even all of this? Blaze is using him and she tells ME to calm down, knowing how much I care for this man and expecting me to not tell him?!

I glared at her and crossed my arms.

"Espio don't do this, Look I know you care about him-"

"Then tell me why I can't tell him! Why is she- doing this to him?" I asked lowering my voice.

"I know you know she's not....straight." She said looking at me.

"Yea...I know.." I said sitting back down.

"Ok... She has REALLY strict parents and...she told them that she had a boyfriend and she used Silver, Look I promise you she doesn't want to harm him, it's just he's the only guy she really talks to.."

"Ok so you're telling me that she's gay but her parents wouldn't 'allow' that and she's using Silver as a cover up? Rouge how stupid does that sound to you?" I asked putting my hand out.

"I know, its not the right way but she didn't want him to be weirded out or act different if they were 'faking'."

I rubbed my head and looked back up.

"I'm not having him heartbroken over a girl who doesn't even want him, let her date who ever she wants who cares about what her parents say."

"I know I told her and she thinks they would actually kill her. I'm trying to convince her I- it's just gonna be awhile. "

"She could've simply asked someone else, hell even Sonic. Sonic would do anything for a few chili-dogs." I said.

"Yea,Like I said I'll TRY and get her to break up with him and explain everything to him-"

"No, you're GOING TO and if you don't by the end of today, I'll GLADLY do it. " I said walking out the door.

I heard Rouge get up but I didn't look back at it.

I started to walk off and I seen Silver walking out the coffee shop waving.

"Espio!" I heard Silver's voice.

I turned and raised a brow. How can I look at him like this?

I shook my head and started to walk home.

"Espio please!" He yelled running to me.

I stopped right in the middle and seen him putting his hand out.

"I-I'm sorry for yelling at you and... everything." He said.

He looked down and looked back at me waiting for me to say something.

"Sorry for yelling at you.. " I said crossing my arms.

Silver looked at me and narrowed his eyes then softened up again.

"Ok.. something's up..Can you please tell me what's wrong?" He asked.

We walked over to the park and he started fiddling with his hands.

"Uhm.." he started to say something and then immediately went silent.

He made a small sniffle and turned away. Which instantly got me worried.

"Silver?" I asked grabbing his hands.

He looked up at me and turned his head again.

"I'm sorry..I really am." He said grabbing my hands tighter.

Don't do it Espio, he's literally crying right now.

I held his hands a little tighter.

" I li-" I started to say but stopped.

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing..." Espio what the actual fuck?! Why would you even attempt to say that?!

He let out a big sigh and pulled me in closer almost making me yelp a little.

"Espio, I'm going to keep on asking..just tell me what's wrong. " He asked looking dead in my eyes.

I looked at him and I couldn't tell him. I just can't. That'll will either hurt him or hurt him and he'll never talk to me again.

"Uhm..just be careful with Blaze ok?" I asked.

He looked back and looked at me.

" That's not what I'm asking ... What You don't trust her or something?" He asked.

"No." I simply said.

Silver looked a little shocked then let go of my hands.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because I just.."

Don't do it Espio.. don't.

Silver patiently waited for me to say something but I couldn't get the words out.
I just can't.

"You don't have to say it then..." He said softly putting his head down.

I looked down and looked back at him.

"I'm sorry if we don't talk anymore after this.." I started to say.

Silver looked at me with a smile.

"No matter what you say to me, we'll always be friends ok?"

Friends....

I nodded and took a deep breath.

"When I tell you this you won't run off will you?" I asked.

He had a puzzled look on his face but nodded.