Chapter 1

"Meri baat toh sun Vikky," Viraj took a step towards Vikram but latter showed his palm to him. Vikram's bloodshot eyes snapped at him as Viraj took a step back. 

"Vikram! It's Vikram for you, Mr Rathod," Vikram's words cut deep through his soul. He knew this will happen one day for sure but Vikram looked beyond from what he had actually imagined.

"Meri baat toh sun ek baar," Viraj tried holding Vikram's hand but he shrugged off his hand harshly.

"Kya bolega tu ha? Kya bolega bata? Aath saal Viraj! Aath saal nikal gaye aur tujhse tab toh kuch bola nhi gaya. Aur mai bewakoofo ki tarah samjhta tha ki tu pareshan hoga. Tu mujhse share nhi kar rha kyunki tu mujhe pareshan nhi karna chahta tha but yeh toh kuch aur hi nikla mere bhai," Vikram's reply was laced with sarcasm. Viraj shut his eyes to control the tears that urged to spill from his eyes.

"Aisa nahi hai Vik. Tu please meri baat toh sun." Viraj begged but nothing seem to work on Vikram. Vikram was too high on emotions.

"Bohot time tha tere paas jab tu mujhe bata sakta but you never trusted me with it. Agar tu chahta toh usi time bata sakta tha but you chose your stupid hatred over 20 years of our relation. Woh sach humare rishte pe bhari pad gaya. And you can't deny it, Mr. Rathod," Vikram turned his face away from Viraj. He felt so stupid at that moment. Their relation was so weak that his brother didn't even trusted him with the truth. Viraj chose hatred above his love for him. He felt so lost for the first time in his life.

"Tu galat samjh raha, Vik," A painful laugh left from Vikram's mouth. He was actually taking everything wrong until truth came as a slap on his face.

"Sahi keh raha hai yaar. Mai ab tak sab galat hi toh samjh raha tha. Aankhein toh meri ab khuli hai. All thanks to you, Mr. Viraj Rathod," Vikram said as he left the place. Viraj fell on his knees as shock was evident on his face. He saw tears in Vikram's eyes. Something he had never seen in 17 years even on their parents death.

"Vikram!" Viraj yelled. He looked around to find no one in the room. He sighed. It was the same nightmare he experiences on many occasions when he and Vikram end up fighting on a serious note. Viraj looked at the clock. It was eight in the morning. He was actually getting late. He rushed towards the bathroom to freshen up.

Vikram on other hand, was dicing the vegetables for the veg omelette he was going to prepare for the breakfast. He was no chef until their parents' death took place. His mother had taught him the survival skills. Vaanya was the only one who knew about the kitchen more than anyone after Ahaana and Vishal's death. But she was only twelve at that time. Though she was a big helping hand, it was Vikram who took the responsibility. They didn't have much money to have servants at that time so it was Vikram and Viraj who used to manage the house with their studies. Though now they had plenty of servants, Veer and Jay only had the food which was made by their Dada. Old habits die hard.

Veer and Jay came down. Vikram sighed. He was so fed up of telling Veer not to run or hop on the stairs but he always fall on deaf ears. Veer was the first one to hug him tightly but Vikram caught his ears immediately.

"Dada kya kar rahe ho. Chhodo na please," Veer exclaimed. Vikram left his ear and whacked him hard. Veer rubbed his head and pouted. Vikram went back to his work while Jay took a glass of water to suppress his laugh.

"Yeh kya tha?" Veer asked, tugging at Vikram's apron cutely. Jay almost choked on water after hearing his twin's so soft voice. Was he actually his devil twin?

"Woh kya tha?" Vikram asked, giving Veer a pointed look. Veer smiled sheepishly and scratched his neck. He knew what his Dada was talking about but the monkey in him didn't want to understand it. Jay was amused to see his twin's attitude in front of his elder brother. Before Vikram could say anything, they saw Viraj rushing down the stairs. Vikram palmed his face. Jay and Veer couldn't help but giggle at Vikram's troubled look. They all were cut from the same cloth in almost all senses. Vikram was the only exception.