Somewhere Only We Know

Book: Somewhere only we know

Author: @bird_084

Feedback:

I found your blurb very realistic. I could reflect myself as Aurora and feel her pain. I found your prologue good too. You began it by portraying Aurora's trauma from her mother's loss. You described it well and also told us what that experience was for the other characters.

In chapter one, in just the first three sentences, you said Aurora's  first exam was in a week time, but in the sense that you wrote it, I think you omitted "of" go back and read it carefully and you will see. Additionally, you said she was writing A-Level. Someone like me, a typical Cameroonian is aware of what you mean, but Wattpad is filled with different people and different ways of calling things so using other words like "my last exam for senior year" will help. Also, you wrote something like me, him and Dad along the chapter, which should be corrected since we always begin with the others before ending with us; Dad, him and I.

In the following chapters, you portrayed the young girl as an intelligent, motivated, focus and pursuing girl. After the diagnosis, there is something which some won't consider as character development, but instead character change. She becomes something different and begins to be a little loss, little confused and wish to relay on people more.

Your plot has a good flow. All the events promised to us the the description is given and in chapter three I really saw the time and heart you placed in writing it. The description was amazing, words well written, emotions could easily be felt. When you spoke of the fear her dad experience, I could feel it. When you spoke of the shock and sorrow after the news of her disease, I could feel sympathy for her.

Truly, even though they say perfection doesn't exist, I really like your story. There need to be some edit, but in general I say it's a good story and if you like, you're free to participate in my Raven Awards I think teenfiction category is still empty.