(Chapter 1.) Invitation

--I don't like this. At all.

--Why am I here? Who am I? Better said, who was I? I'm stuck here. Forever. And I cannot leave. All I am is stuck alone here, with my thoughts, until the end of time...

   "Pomni?" Said a voice outside of my room. I yelp, and quickly sit up, not expecting someone to talk to me anytime soon.

  "Y-YEAH?" I said, a little too loudly. I quickly got off of my bed and ran over to the door. I opened it and saw Ragatha.

Ragatha.

She probably hates my guts for leaving her behind to Kaufmo. I really wish I didn't do that...

"Oh, uhh, hi?" I said, waving awkwardly.

 What am I supposed to say to a person who I basically left to get hurt by a psycho.

   "Hey, Pomni!" Smiled Ragatha. At first I could see in her face that she still felt... betrayed by me, but that look quickly went away. She seemed pretty happy to see me. Maybe she is glad I haven't abstracted yet? 
   "So, I know it's sorta your second day here, and you must feel very uncomfortable with how new this might be, so I was wondering if you would wanna hang out with all of us so you could feel more.. at home? We're all going to go out to the Digital Carnival. If I remember correctly, you haven't been outside of the tent..." I looked behind Ragatha and saw everyone behind her talking. I looked back and thought for a moment.
   "Ermm.. I mean, I guess I could join..."
   "Great! C'mon, and don't forget to lock your door." She smiled and stepped aside. She looked at everyone else and said "Pomni is going to come with us to the Carnival, so you better be on your best behavior today... I am talking to you, Jax." Jax grinned at Ragatha.

"Whaat? Is a little prank here and there gonna hurt the newbie? It's just a joke, it's not like she's going to abstract because I put something in her popcorn." He chuckled as I closed the door behind me. I thought about how scary the abstraction was, how I could have been hurt.

How I could have been hurt, just like how Ragatha was hurt... no, not hurt. Tortured.

"No, we will not have any abstractions anytime soon. This is Pomni's second day here, and we need to make the most out of it! It is always scary arriving here at first, so that is why we must show her how this place can be amazing aswell! Right, guys?" Ragatha smiled, hoping for a positive answer. In response, there was some shuffling before they muttered in agreement.

I have a feeling they were lying about this place being
amazing.