Walked in On

Tedros was so done with this entire affair. He wanted everything with Agatha to go back to the way it was supposed to be. He wished Sophie wasn't so persuasive. He wished he'd never had to see his mother again. He was too angry at her to play into the whole "family dinner" joke.

He was sitting on the front porch, making it clear that he wanted no one to approach him. Agatha and Sophie were off galavanting in some flower field or whatever. Hort was sulking. Dot was probably eating the leftovers he'd turned down. He wasn't exactly sure where the others were.

The frustration was getting to him, and he felt the all-consuming need to move. There wasn't any easy place to run. He absolutely refused to be seen tripping over some root in a daisy field. So he decided to settle for a walk. Just get away from the house, and avoid Agatha and Sophie.

Which meant heading in the direction of the barn.

He was walking up the left side of the well-mantained barn, which he decided looked hideous covered in white paint. And then he heard a whisper. Tedros wasn't paranoid- at least that's what he thought. But after everything, he figured he was allowed to be a bit suspicious about random voices.

So he lit his fingerglow, and hid it behind his back as he sneaked closer to the location of the whisper- behind the barn. He toed as quietly as he could towards the edge, and peeked behind the edge. His eyes nearly popped out of his head in surprise at what he saw.

Hester and Anadil were kissing- no, they were full-on making out. Anadil's back was pressed against the wall of the barn, her arms around Hester's neck. They didn't seem to notice him.

Until he tripped and fell on his face.

The witches jerked apart when they heard him land. Anadil hit her head on the wall, and hissed in pain. Tedros looked up and saw Hester glaring at him, her red fingerglow lit and ready to curse him with some unholy never-spell. Her demon was twitching on her neck, as though it was aching to go fight something.

"Uh..." He offered lamely, before cursing himself internally. This is how I die. Brutally murdered by a teenage girl because I walked in on her making out with her best friend. My last words will be "Uh". Agatha's going to be pissed.

Hester's glare deepened, eyes stormy. "If you tell anyone about this, you're dead. It will be slow and excruciating, and I will laugh while I kill you."

"Okay! Okay, I won't say a word." She didn't put her finger down.

"I won't tell, I swear!" Her demon twitched once more, before she lowered her finger. "You'd better not. Now scram."

Hester had officially put the fear of God in Tedros, and he was booking it as far away from there as possible. Honestly, he wasn't that suprised. He supposed it made sense. They'd always been a bit closer than friends usually were.

He was reliving memories for clues, and lost track of where he was going. He tripped on a root from the oak tree six feet away, and landed directly in a patch of daisies.