Hestadil Playlist

I like making playlists for my favorite ships and characters, so I figured I'd just write some of the songs that remind me of Hestadil. This might be super boring lol. I'm already sorry, there might be a lot of Taylor Swift.

I already wrote a few songfics about them in another story, so those aren't included on here. But they're October Passed me By, White Horse, Memories, Smoke Signals, and Emily, I'm Sorry.

SHIP BASED:

It's Nice to Have a Friend (Taylor Swift)

This one is talking about like best friends turning into lovers I think, and I imagine it from Anadil's point of view. It feels like it fits their sort of slow burn relationship really well.

Lyrics:

"Something gave you the nerve to touch my hand, it's nice to have a friend."

"Call my bluff, call you babe, have my back, yeah, every day."

Best Friend (Conan Gray)

Sort of like the last one, just a little less romantic. This one would probably follow Hester.

Lyrics:

"Everybody knows I love you so, so, so, so much. Every time they ask I always tell, tell, tell, tell them. That's my best friend, that's my right hand."

"That's my lifeline, that's my ride or die, that's my say I hate you but you know that that's a damn lie, baby you're my best friend."

"Made a promise that I'm gonna marry you if we're both still single by, like, 32. And I bet that's gonna end up being true, cuz  I hate, like, everyone except for you."

"You're just as psycho as me, just as sick inside the head. So when they ask, I've always said. That's my best friend."

Strawberry Blonde (Chloe Moriondo)

I imagine this one from Hester's point of view. Anadil is like the only person she rarely insults or get's angry at (like how she doesn't change the superlatives for Ani.)

Lyrics:

"Takes my hand in hers when the lights aren't on, smaller than mine and, oh god, I am gone. I wanna be with her all day. I'm a bitch to everyone else anyway."

"I can't describe all the changes I've felt. The past couple years reallly put me through Hell. But she pulls me down, keeps my feet on the ground when I get too high. And she makes me feel like this could be something real, and I do know why."

Bad Romance (Lady Gaga)

I still love the fact that they're villains, I feel like this song sort of incorporates that really well.

Lyrics:

"I want your love and I want your revenge, you and me could write a bad romance."

"I want your love and I want your revenge, I want your love, I don't wanna be friends."

Rewrite the Stars (Greatest Showman)

I think Hester in particular would be really nervous about thier relationship, because she seems like a very traditional lover. So this one feels like Ani is the one trying to convince her to give it a chance and Hester is too afraid.

Lyrics:

"No one can rewrite the stars, how can you say you'll be mine? Everything keeps us apart, and I'm not the one you were meant to find. It's not up to you, it's not up to me, when everyone tells us what we can be."

"All I want is to fly with you, all I want is to fall with you, so just give me all of you.

(That one reminds me of them flying on the stymph together and then Anadil convincing Hester to jump and then catching her when they're going to the caves of contempo.)