○ Chapter 5: Black Cat ○

"Midnight fur gleams, a secret in the night,
small hands reach out, unaware of the bite."

Elias's

"Hey, where are you going?"

Oh, not now. I Don't have the energy to deal with this shit.

"Elias, don't ignore me right now." He said sternly.

"Elias, where are you going?" He asked again, as I sighed and dropped my bag from my right shoulder.

"It's none of your business." I replied courtly, taking my bag before turning away and twisting the doorknob, if only he hadn't pulled me back by my shoulder.

"You come home late at night and now you're going out again? What kind of behaviour is this? I didn't raise you all these years–" That's enough.

I abruptly stopped him mid-sentence. Who does he think he is, controlling my life? He doesn't even know what I went through. "That's right, you didn't raise me at all." Saying that, I left the apartment. I have somewhere important to be.

He raised me, my ass. Never even gave me the time of day to listen to any of my struggles, he just came into my life and ruined it.

Stepping out of the building, my eyes travelled to my phone, a text message suddenly popping up.

'Meet me in the school's basement, it's important.'

A text message from Cas. That's strange, Cas is not the kind of guy to text you at this late hour telling you to meet up somewhere.

*Clunk!*

"What was that?" I suddenly lowered my voice when I realised that I almost screamed. The sound of metal colliding with the ground really caught me off guard. Turns out it's just a cute cat knocking one of the small trash cans.

A black cat.

I don't know why, but I'm getting this feeling. It's like I'm drawn to it. I haven't really encountered many black cats before, and I definitely find an interest in them. Everything about black cats is so...unique.

An ebony collar with gold lining hung on its neck. I could see a red ruby swaying with every move it took. My eyebrows furrowed, the collar looked rather peculiar. That must mean that the cat has an owner, and it seems like the owner is rich too.

I was about to approach the cat sitting there when suddenly my phone vibrated, making me remember why I was out here in the first place.

'TF is taking you so long? Hurry up!'

Right, Cas is waiting for me. I have something to do other than staring at a feline. I walked away from there, and it only took me a few minutes to reach the place. After all, the route I take is always empty, and I'm thankful that it is like that.

I entered the school's premises, being welcomed by that familiar scent of jasmine in the air. The hallway was eerily quiet, not that it shouldn't be quiet, but it just felt off for some reason.

My footsteps echoed in the empty hallway, as I made my way into the school's basement. I gotta admit, it's kinda creepy in the basement, especially when there are not that many people, I always feel like someone's watching me.

"Ahh!" I suddenly jumped when I heard something fall to the ground. It's like someone just caught me sneaking in, but luckily it was nothing but a cat.

Wait, did I see that right?

That's the same black cat from before, did it follow me here? I can see the ruby collar on it.

My eyes locked with the black cat's enigmatic ones, as I halted in my steps. It's like the cat held an effect on me.

"Elias! There you are!" I heard Caspian's voice, running up to me as he looked scared.

"Where were you? Why are you just standing there?" He asked me, I could see a hint of confusion but he definitely perplexed.

"Nothing," I replied, glancing back at the cat to see that it hadn't moved. "That black cat just followed me all the way here." I replied, looking at the cat with a smile.

"What black cat?"

Author's Note:

Here's a small chapter, hope y'all liked it. I'm actually going to be inactive for a while, I gotta go overseas for medical purposes. I'm gonna be here till 23 and after that I don't really know when I'm coming back but thankfully it's less than a month. And since I have wattpad on my pc, I cannot update that time. but since I've got all my files on google docs, I'll still be writing, expect another chapter when I come back.

That's all for today, see y'all after I come back!