○ Chapter 8: No Answer ○

"Look friend,", she whispers, eyes wide,
Golden halos in the shadow,
Yet only darkness meets his side.

No POV.

"Gotcha."

"AHH!" Wren let out a horrified scream, her arms moving by instinct. She abruptly turned around, her body shaking.

"Huh?" A shaky breath left her. She clutched her chest, trying to slow down her exceptionally fast beating heart. Her eyes dared to not close, darting everywhere. She slowly turned to her mirror hesitantly. A bead of sweat formed on her forehead.

She slowly brought up enough courage to look at the mirror, seeing the girl from nowhere was not there anymore.

Her head went back and forth behind the mirror and her room, seeing no one.

Turning on the water tap, Wren splashed cold water on her face.

"Am I going crazy?" She asked herself, avoiding to see her own reflection because she didn't want another jumpscare.

A sound of phone ringing suddenly made her flinch hard, almost tripping over because of what she just encountered. Wren exited the bathroom, going over her table to see who was calling her.

Wren froze upon seeing the caller ID, her fingers folding as she resisted picking it up.

'Missed call from River.'

'Voice message from River.'

-----------------------------------------------

Violet's mind was clouded the whole time she was in class. All she could think about was the crazy encounter she had last night. Everything the teacher said somehow flew by like an unnoticed bird. She was lucky she got a backup or she would've failed that class due to how distracted she was.

Chatters filled the cafeteria, as she was twirling her fork mindlessly, too distracted again. Not only that, for some reason, she had been seeing that shadow in fleeting glances at school too.

"What's up, Violet?" Wren asked as she and Alder took a seat beside her.

"No-nothing." She stuttered, snapping out of her daze.

"That means something." Wren spoke, taking a seat beside her. It wasn't like Wren wasn't any better, her mind couldn't process what just happened the last day.

"Is this an interrogation?" Violet asked with a chuckle. Her cherry red nails tapped on the tables in a rhythm, her other hand was supporting her chin that rested on top of it.

"Well, it will be if you don't tell us what's on your mind." Alder replied, taking a spoonful of his lunch.

"It's just stress. I'm just too worked up with everything. That's all." She told a white lie. And Alder actually seemed to believe it.

"Hey babe," An arm suddenly wrapped around Wren's shoulder, surprising her. Until she understood who it was. She tilted her head upwards, a smile coming to her lips, seeing her boyfriend.

"Hey, Jordan." She voiced, as Jordan took a seat beside her, taking something out. He took out some papers, giving them to Wren. "I know you weren't paying attention in class so here's notes." Wren looked through the notes, thanking him as she hugged him because she had a test the day after.

"I need a boyfriend who gives me notes like Jordan." Violet said, seeing the two of them talking together like they were so smitten for each other.

"I literally gave you all my notes so you don't fail." Alder scoffed at Violet's comment.