Chapter two.

Skylar

Millie woke me up and we got ready for school. We went downstairs and ate breakfast in silence. Well, me and my siblings sat in silence. Mom and Gale chatted  each other's ear off.

I signed to Millie. "Hey, what time is it?" She showed me her phone, 8:36. I gave her a thumbs up. "Ugh, sometimes I wonder what you guys are keeping from me. I wish I had the attention span to learn ASL." Mom said.

We finished breakfast and went to school. It was kind of awkward, most of the kids acted like those neighbors we talked to. It kinda weirded me out, but during lunch I got to see Millie and James

"8th grade sucks” Millie groaned

"Try 9th you'll be shaking in your boots." James sighed, softly punching her arm. I smiled and started eating while they fought.I looked around, most of the kids were just staring at us. Most not too obvious, but some were actively, slowly walking over. I saw a couple of kids that were acting normal, at least six. 

A kid walked by, and bumped into one of the kids staring at us  "Oh sorry." he said, but before he could pick up his food the kid that was staring at us started punching him. No one helped him, I looked over to my siblings "Should we help him?!" I sighed to them. Millie looked pissed, she hates bullying or anything of the sorts. She stood up and walked over.

"Hey, dumbass, get off of him." she said. He looked at her, rolling his eyes. She took off her sweater and prepared for a fight, when James walked over to stop her. He helped the boy, who I recognized as the boy from last night.

"Thanks I guess, but I didn't need your help" he said wiping his nose to check for blood.

"Dude you were getting your ass kicked," Millie said, grabbing her jacket off of the floor.  James was staring at the boy, trying to not be obvious, though his blush gave him away. The boy dusted himself off, he wiped some blood from a small wound on his face, " Hey what was up with that guy?" James asked, pushing Millie to the side. She looked at him confused and offended but he shushed her before she could say anything.

"I don't know, most of the people here are like that."

"Is that normal here?"

"I mean I guess, that's how it's been ever since I can remember," James thought for a second.

"Weird"

He said walking to the table the boy sat with us. "Umm.. I'm Jacob .” He held out his hand. James shook it. "I'm James, the grouchy bitch is my sister Millie, and this is my other sister Skylar." Millie gasped, and wiped away a fake tear.

He laughed softly, James blushed. I looked at Millie "bow chicka wow wow" she said raising her eyebrows. I snickered, James kicked her shin and continued talking to Jacob. Me and Millie got up and walked to our line, me and Millie are in the same grade, though I'm younger than her, I skipped a grade.

"So, got a boyfriend yet?" she sighed teasingly. I rolled my eyes, she laughed. "Seems like James might get one, he moved on pretty quickly from Lucas." She seemed mad "I should've beat his ass," I nodded

"Who does that, he couldn't just say no, he had to tell the school and embarrass him," I say, shaking my head.

***

Millie

Me and my siblings were walking home, Jacob had joined us. He and James were talking on and on. As luck would have it, Jacob's house was right next to ours. Great, I get to be the third wheel everyday. But in all honesty, I think it's good that he made a friend, and I think it'll be fun to mess with him.

As the week passed, me and our siblings slowly started getting used to our new town. But I still got an eerie feeling from the people. Jacob, my siblings, and I had gone out for a walk. It's been really hectic at the house, Mom and Gale hadn't really paid attention to us , since they were getting used to work and the new town. Which was a welcome change for me.

***

We walked by a forest, I had always been amazed by nature. I pulled out my phone, I'm planning on becoming a photographer, it's been my dream since I was five. Me and Dad used to go out and take pictures with his camera. I would use it but mom keeps all of Dad's stuff in a storage unit. So the phone it is.

As I was getting the right angle I saw something in the forest.

"Hey guys, come  here.” I took a picture and showed them, a figure that seemed to be a hooded man was carving into a tree, I tried to make out what it was. It looked like a hexagon with a triangle and a pentagon in the middle.

“I've seen that before, in our basement.” James said

“Yeah they're all around the town, I think it's some gang of kids just messing around” Jacob said, not paying attention to the picture.

“But, this looks like an adult."

He looked at the picture “Oh…hmm, could be, or it could just be one of the freakishly tall teens around here.”

“Maybe…..you're probably right” I turned off my phone and we continued our walk. But I couldn't get my mind if that hooded person and what they were carving...