Chapter six

(summary of last chapter: Mille realizes she needs to buy hair dye, so she and her siblings go to the store. She gets a weird vibe and when they arrive home they see that someone broke in. The intruder had broke the window in Skylar and Millie's room and smashed Millie's laptop. When Gale and their mother came home, they teamed up on Millie and argued with her, resulting in Millie's mother slapping her. The next day Millie and Skylar cover up the bruise and James apologizes for not sticking up for her better. When the parents wake up the siblings quickly rush to school.)

Skylar

After school, none of us really wanted to go home, so we found Jacob. He was on the bleachers, he seemed exhausted.

"Hey man, how's everything going?" I asked.

"Not as good as I wish it was. I've put up posters s all around town, I've asked almost everyone I can think of and then some. But no luck."

"Well, no use in giving up, come on let's get out there." James grab his hand and pulled him up.

***

We walked around town asking people if they had seen her. Jacob was surprisingly different then his sister. He had dark tan skin with black curly hair and dark brown eyes, but she had Carmel brown curls with honey green eyes and slightly brighter skin. But they had the same smile.

Mille walked next to me, lost in thought. I locked arms with her and continue walking.

Millie

As we put up posters and asked people questions, I couldn't help but wonder if me researching about the "Lord's Chosen Ones" had something to do with my broken laptop. I mean I was researching them the night before,but that was just paranoia talking.

People looked at us as we walked, their eyes blank and dark. It was weird how everyone had that odd stare, the only people I haven't seen do it are a handful of kids at school. I sometimes even see Gale and mom doing it .

My thoughts raced from thing to thing, I couldn't focus on anything for more then five minutes. We stopped at a Denny's, the sign was missing the "D" so it looked more like "enny's." I muched on a omelette, thinking about last night.

My mom was never violent, she occasionally yelled or argued. But it never got so serious to the point where she would hit someone. Ever since we moved here, she's started to...change. Maybe she's trying to fit in with the crowd, or maybe that's just her true personality showing through.

Once again my thoughts took a sudden left turn and I was back to the Denny's sign. "How did some steal the 'D' and what did they do with it? Or did it just fall off and they didn't replace it?" I asked out loud.

Skylar snickered,"What?"

"Nothing."

***

Later, we finally got home. Luckily, my mom was still working. Gale sat on the couch, when we walked in he shoved something in his pocket. I noticed it but didn't comment, I walked up to my room and grabbed my black hair dye, my roots have been bothering me so much but with the events of yesterday I hadn't found the chance to.

"James, can you help me dye my hair? The color is turning a little grey and my roots are showing."

James was on his phone his face unusually red, when I walked in I saw messages, but i couldn't see what they said. But I mean, it was pretty obvious based on his reaction and red face, it was Jacob.

"Aww, texting your boyfriend?" I teased in a whispered voice.

His face flushed red. "Shut up and open the dye."

I ruffled his hair and walked to the bathroom in his room. I took my hair out of the ponytail it was in.

***

When we were done, James's shower was tinted black and my hair was no longer dark gray. Me and James talked shit about people in our classes while I styled my hair. I usually keep it in a fluffy wolfcut kind of thing, but I decided to do like a fluffy mullet. It was pretty good in my opinion.

(It looks similar to this but a little less long on the sides because this is more like a wolf cut then mullet but was the closest thing I could find to the image in my head, also just found this on Pinterest

(It looks similar to this but a little less long on the sides because this is more like a wolf cut then mullet but was the closest thing I could find to the image in my head, also just found this on Pinterest. I love Pinterest)

When my mom got home, she wasn't happy about me cutting my hair by myself, but she didn't start an argument. She looked a little guilty.

***

James

I could not sleep. I would get a wave of drowsiness, but as soon as I drifted slowly to sleep my sleepiness disappeared. I decided to go on Instagram. I saw that Lucas, my ex best friend and crush had unblocked me.

He had got a girlfriend, he died the ends of his hair green. It matched is dirty blonde hair, "Fucking hell. Why did he unblock me, to show off that he's not bothered by me leaving. To show that he's not into boys, to rub salt in the wound?" I thought to myself, not noticing that my eyes were blurry from tears. I saw I had a DM from someone.

Lucas: hey Jay. I wanted to apologize for what I did. Im sorry, could we talk sometime?
Message sent at 3:38

My finger hovered over the keyboard, my words stuck in my throat. "Is he doing this to fuck with me? Is he actually sorry?" I felt the air in my lungs disappear, I felt myself start to worry and panic. I gasped for air but it didn't work, I couldn't tell if it was just my blurry vision, but my hands seemed to be shaking.

I turned off my phone, and that calmed me down, my hands stopped shaking and my breaths weren't so rapid. After what felt like an hour but was mostly ten minutes I calmed down. I laid in my bed, contemplating weather I shouldn't answer him or not. I decided that I would wait until morning and ask my sisters, I didn't want to be alone with that message.

I was going to write more but I'm to tired for that, hope you enjoyed this chapter. Have an amazing day!-Mads