Chapter 5

You sighed, pulling the brush through your hair as you stared into the large vanity in your bedroom. Trying your hardest to focus on getting ready for this bonfire, you attempted to push aside thoughts of everything you and Anthony had discussed in the car on the way home.

You'd watched as Anthony swiftly acquired Keigo's information and the blonde wished you both goodbye. You watched him retreat to his truck without even completing his produce purchase, prompting you to let out a loud sigh.

"Ya ran him off before he even got his groceries," you snapped, unable to rein in your temper as you observed him leaving the parking lot. Your nerves were fucking shot, though you weren't entirely sure why. Keigo hadn't seemed upset about you knocking him over like that, so there was no real reason for your agitation.

Anthony turned to blink at you, his expression sheepish as he rubbed the back of his neck. "And bringing up the war like that? How stupid are you?" you added, not bothering to hide your frustration at his carelessness.

"It was the first thing that came to mind. I honestly wasn't thinkin'," he said, guilt evident in his expression. "I hope it didn't upset him somehow." You sighed at his words, pinching the bridge of your nose before frowning.

So, Keigo was from Japan, and you knew that you knew him from somewhere, but your brain was just not putting two and two together. It was infuriating.

"Ya know," you said, letting your hands fall to your side, tilting your head up to look at Anthony. "He looks so damn familiar, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why."

"Oh?" Anthony replied, the corners of his lips twitching into a grin as he crossed his own arms. "Is that why I caught you starin' at him like that?"

You scoffed in response, your eyebrow arching at him. Who the hell did he think he was, accusing you of staring at another man that way?

"I-I wasn't starin'," you stammered out as he laughed at you, shaking his head before reaching over to ruffle your hair.

You let out an agitated groan, jerking from his grasp and stomping back to the desk with the file folder. You quickly slipped the last page in before gathering it and thrusting it into Asher's arms. Asher, who'd been watching the entire exchange intently from across the stall, let out a huff as the folder smacked him in the chest.

You turned to look at Anthony, crossing your arms in agitation as you scowled. "Now you take me home this instant, Anthony Tucker. I need a break from you, especially if you're draggin' me to some dumb party tonight."

"Better do what the lady says," Asher said, giving Anthony a large smile before letting out a sigh. "Thanks for y'alls help today. I'll see ya tonight for the party."

The ride home was mostly silent, Anthony turning on the radio like he had on the way to the market, but this time you stayed completely quiet. Leaning your head against the window, you gazed up at the blue sky sadly. Grateful for the quiet, your mind worked overtime as you pondered where you'd seen Keigo before. You planned to try Google once you got home because you needed some type of answer.

"Can we talk?" Anthony asked quietly after a few more minutes, reaching over and turning the music down. You turned your head to look at him, already dreading wherever this conversation was about to go.

"Yeah, I suppose," you responded, taking a deep breath before clutching the steering wheel tightly.

"Y/N, do you really think this is what Luke would want for ya?"

"What the hell do you mean by that?" you retorted, already feeling defensive. He shook his head slightly, glancing at you before refocusing on the road.