Chapter 6

"Alright, I'll send ya all the details about tonight here in a second," Anthony said, flashing him a large smile, which Keigo eagerly returned. It was weird how easy talking to strangers seemed to be for people around here, though maybe it had just been a while since he'd had a real conversation outside of a zoom call.

"Thanks, it was nice to meet you." He said, glancing again at the girl next to him. She was still avoiding his gaze, making him wonder if he had said or done something wrong. Was it the scar? Was that the reason she didn't want to look at him? Steeling his nerves, he flashed her a smile anyway.

"And it was nice to meet you too," He said gently, watching as she slowly lifted her gaze to meet his again. Her own face was flushed, her teeth sinking into her bottom lip as she blinked up at him.

Well, she was absolutely beautiful, and he tried his hardest to fight the sudden tightness in his pants as they stared at each other. He could feel his cheeks heating, unable to stop the embarrassment from washing over him at his body's reaction. It had obviously been far too long since he'd had sex if a woman just looking at him was enough to make him pop a boner. Maybe it was time to try another dating app or something.

"Likewise," she replied, her voice a mere whisper as Anthony looked down at her, eyebrows pinched in confusion. Anthony glanced back at him, shrugging slightly before letting out a breath of his own.

He was on the verge of bidding them goodbye and turning to return to his tomatoes when he unexpectedly locked eyes with another man just behind them. Leaning against the wall, one leg propped behind him as he crossed his arms, the blonde man caught Keigo's attention. His hair was cut short and styled like most people who lived in the area, but Keigo couldn't help but notice the annoyance on his face. Scowling as their eyes met, the man's expression made Keigo's stomach twist uneasily. Had he done something wrong to make him look like that?

"I'll, uh, see you later," he quickly said, swiftly exiting the stand before he somehow managed to make whatever the situation there was worse. He wasn't in the mood to get into an argument with stangers.

Once he pulled from the lot, he headed straight for home, despite still needing to go to the grocery store. But his stomach felt uneasy, and his dick was still painfully pressed against the zipper of his jeans. What the actual fuck was his problem? He'd talked to other women before her, especially in the height of his hero career, but his body had never once betrayed him so badly. Was it just her specifically, or was it simply because it had been three entire years since the last time he'd actually managed to get laid?

He parked in his driveway, pressing his head against the steering wheel as he tried to even his breathing. It took a few minutes, but finally, his body relaxed, the throbbing between his legs ebbing, and his head finally cleared enough to allow him to think.

He couldn't get himself all worked up like that over a girl he didn't know, especially when he wasn't quite sure what her relationship was with Anthony. Plus, there was the added issue of the other man from the stand, who had looked like he'd been ready to kill him, though he still wasn't completely sure why.

Groaning, he threw his head back before glancing at the clock on the dashboard to confirm the time. If he tried to call Jeanist's agency now, there was still a decent chance he would be able to get through to him. It was only one in the morning there, and hero work came with its fair share of late nights; he would know that better than anyone else. The Commission always had him working extra hours, doing shifts and patrols despite having been awake for over twenty-four hours.

He quickly googled the number, not bothering to care about whatever international charge he was about to receive, and hit the call button. It rang a few times until finally, a soft voice answered.