Chapter Two

Sunkit stumbled over to the bottom of the highrock. He sat down and his gaze searched the camp, spotting Runningkit talking to Rosekit and Firekit. Rosekit let out an excited squeal, and Sunkit whimpered. He had a slight crush and the young kit, but he knew she barely knew his name.

He frowned when he saw Lushheart, the medicine cat, scrambling out of her den and flying into Nettlestar's. What was that all about? He wondered.

He strained his ears to listen as Lushheart spoke to Nettlestar rapidly. "........while.........sleeping........Starclan...." He shuffled his paws as he pulled himself closer to the entrance to listen.

"......visited.......in a dream!" Lushheart was gasping.

Sunkit froze.

"It was- It was Littlestar- he told me a prophecy," Lushheart whimpered.

A prophecy? Sunkit thought to himself.

"What was it?" Nettlestar whispered.

"Only the one o-of heat and flames, c-can take the evil and make it tame."

Sunkit widened his eyes as he scrambled over to the medicine den. He ran into the crack and into his camp.

"A prophecy!" He gasped. "A prophecy..." He closed his eyes. "It's probably about Runningkit... He's so special... Nettlestar's probably going to tell Runningkit about it..."

He paused when he heard a scuffling noise. He turned his head when he spotted a familiar hole in the wall. He peeked through it and saw some borage leaves. Past the leaves he saw Lushheart, muttering to herself as she searched through her herbs.

He took a breath. This was his chance.

"Lushheart?" Sunkit slipped through the hole, which was just big enough for him to fit. The medicine cat whipped her head around.

"Oh, it's just you-" she stopped. "Where you hiding in my herbs this whole time?!" She gasped.

"No. I have a secret cave back there," Sunkit meowed. He ignored Lushheart's surprised expression. "Um, I'm sorry, but I heard you in Nettlestar's den..."

Lushheart's eyes widened. "Y-You did?"

"Do you know who the prophecy is about?"

Lushheart shook her head, relaxing a bit. "No, I don't, not yet. I was thinking... It could be Firekit. His name goes along with it well."

Sunkit was relieved she didn't suggest Runningkit. "Yeah. Heat and flames... Hm... Yeah, Firekit."

"But it shouldn't be this easy to figure out," Lushheart murmured. She gestured to Sunkit. "Come sit down. I don't want you to sit on my borage leaves," she giggled.

Sunkit smiled and leaped down in front of her. "Well, we'll just have to find somebody who's made of fire."

"You know..." Lushheart murmured. "Maybe you should be a medicine cat."

"M-Me?" Sunkit gasped.

Lushheart nodded. "I've noticed that the other kits don't really play with you much. For all we know, the prophecy could be about you! You think hard too. Plus, you seem to always be hiding in my herbs!"

Sunkit smiled at her. "Um, Lushheart, can I show you my secret cave? I never told anyone before... I was afraid the kits would start playing in it without me..."

"Sure, you can show me!" Lushheart purred. "I would love to see it!"

Sunkit smiled and slipped out of the den, Lushheart following. He made a quick turn around and went to the side of the medicine den. "It's right here, see? In this crack!"

He walked in and watched Lushheart squeeze herself through the crack. She glanced around, her eyes widening. "You built these dens... Out of rocks? By yourself?"

"Yup!" Sunkit gave a little bounce. "Do you like it?"

"I love it!" Lushheart purred.

Sunkit smiled. "Thank you."