Chapter One!

Authors note : this is my fic from tiktok! My account is ashyuwuu! Anyways! Enjoy!

David's Pov!

I had just gotten passed the ball by my best friend, of 5 years now, Exer. I held onto it tightly as I made my way to our opponent's end zone, but my pace was dropping, players from the opposing team were catching up with me. I was about to have to forfeit the ball, and make my team lose, until I noticed Exer speeding ahead of me and the kids surrounding me. As soon as Exer had gotten far enough from us, I yelled.
"Exer! Head's up!" I threw the ball towards Exer's direction. As soon as the ball was out of my grasp, I shut my eyes. I knew it was about to get tackled. I couldn't hear anything except my grunt as I hit the ground. My breathes became heavy and quickened, I tried to shove the other players off of me, but I was out of strength. "Guys cut it out!" I raised my voice slightly, so they would hear me. I didn't hear anyone say a word. No one got off of me. My chest pressed against the ground as I was struggling to breathe. I couldn't hear anything, except my grunts as I tried to get out from underneath them, and the heavy hot breath of the other players. I heard muffled cheers and screams, that's when one of the kids got off of me, I quickly shoved another one off of me.
"Ow you asshole!" He shouted as held his arm, I narrowed my brows at him, as I managed to sit up.
"I'm the asshole? I told you to quit!" I raised my voice slightly. My eyes darted away from him and onto Exer who was running towards me waving his hands.
"Day! We did it!" He called out to me, a smile quickly appeared on my face. I laid a hand on the kid beside me, and used his shoulder to push myself up. I brushed the grass off of my jersey and began running to Exer.
"We won?!" I ask, my voice being raised so he could hear me. He begins to grin at my question.
"We won!" He replied, finally reaching me and pulling me into a hug. A second later I was being lifted into the air. He spun me around, putting me back down as he almost dropped me. "I can't believe we won!" He grinned, his teeth were very sharp. I nodded and let out a laugh as he put me down.
"I know! It all happened so fast!" I make eye contact with him. His beautiful golden eyes, staring back into mine. His smile softens.
"Can you believe it's actually been five years?" He asks, his eyes not pulling away from mine. I open my mouth, but no words come out. He is absolutely beautiful. I shake my head, finally escaping from that trance.
"I can't.." I say softly, I turn my head and look to the bleachers, hoping to see Brenda, mom, and dad. No one. I look back at Exer, my smile faded a bit.