Chapter Six!

My eyes slowly open, pushing myself to open them. It felt as if there was many stones holding them down. My eyes slowly drift around the room, everything looks normal. My eyes notice the two blurry body's standing in my door frame.
"Exer, it's not your fault." I notice it's my sister's voice. She sounds soft and comforting. "What our dad did to him, is not your fault. He should have been supportive of him." I go to say something, but nothing comes out. I go to move, but I can't. As if it took all my strength to open my eyes. I sit there silently, and not able to move. I hear footsteps and notice, Exer walking towards me. His face is blurry, yet I can tell he was crying.
"David? Are you awake?" He places a hand on my cheek. I try to nod, and finally I can. He smiles at me. "I was so worried." He says, my vision finally coming back to me. He is even more beautiful than I thought. "Why would you even faint like that?" He asks, his voice a bit shaky. I know why, but I don't say anything. It has been three days since the incident with my father, since then I haven't been taking care of myself. I haven't been eating or drinking properly. I think the last time I ate a full meal, was the day before the incident. Brenda walks closer to the bed.
"David you gotta eat something." She knows why. I know she knows. She's been constantly hanging around me, and she must've noticed.
"I-I know.." I choke out, I'm surprised I can even say anything at this point. She gives me a look that I could call comforting.
"I'll make you something." She says softly, then walking out the door and downstairs to the kitchen. I finally have enough strength to sit up, so I do, and I make eye contact with exer.
"Is that the reason?" He asks, I just stare at him, not knowing what to say. "Is that the reason you fainted? Cause you haven't been eating?" My eyes widen, he was good. I don't know what to say.
"I-I.. uhm.." I stutter, his eyebrows narrowed. He looks at me, pain and confusion swelling in his eyes.
"Why?" I look down, I don't know why, everything happened so fast. I know it's probably for the better, but I miss him. After everything my father did, I still miss him. I hate myself for it.
"I don't know." I mumble, keeping my head down. I stare down at bedsheets. I feel a hand rest on my shoulder.
"Day, I know you've been through a lot these past couple days, but you have to remember to take care of yourself." He says, now climbing onto the bed and sitting beside me. He rests his head on my shoulder. I don't look at him.
"It's hard." My voice sounding high pitched, I notice I am now crying again. I bite my lip as I watch the tears begin to hit my bedsheets, leaving a small wet puddle to get soaked up by the comforter.
"I know it is, I wish I could take all of this pain away from you. You don't deserve any of this." He says calmly, moving his head off my shoulder, and placing his forehead on mine.
"I'm trying, I swear I am, I want to take care of myself, but I just, can't." My voice begins to shake as I feel him start to wipe my tears for me.
"I know you are. I'm so proud of you." His voice is soft and sweet, almost as if I could get hypnotized with it.
"I love you, so much." I say, my voice is still a bit shaky, but I know he knows that I meant it.
"I love you too, Day." His voice still being soft, I didn't deserve this man. He'll never know how much I love him. "I promise, I'll help you get over this. I'll be here the whole time, and we can take it one step at a time." I feel my cheeks slightly get warmer. He was so sweet. He leans forward and plants a kiss on my lips. The way his lips softly hit mine, could drive me crazy. The kiss only lasts a second when he pulls back. He looks at me, and tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear. I go to say something, but my stomach growls so loud. Exer smiles at me. "You're hungry? Let's go see what Brenda's making." He says, standing up. He holds out a hand for me to take. I grab it and he gently pulls me off the bed. We slowly begin to take walks. I think I will be able to get over this, one day. As long as I have Exer by my side. Slowly taking things, one step, at a time.

Authors Note —
Hi guys! This will be the last chapter of this fic, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it! This will not be the last fic I post though, the next fic I am posting is my Jackvid one, but who knows, I might make other ones! Thank you for reading this! See you in the next one!

(Tiktok is Ashyuwuu)