Chapter Two!

Exer's pov!

I noticed David's smile fade. I turn my head to the bleachers, expecting to see his family. No one. My heart sinks a bit, this is the third time his family hasn't shown up at one of our games! I feel so bad for David, I don't know what I would do if dad never showed up. Him and David are my only motivation.
"Oh David look!" I pull away from our hug, and point a finger at dad. David's smile lights back up, him and dad got along very well. "Race ya to him." I wink at David and take off running.
"You little cheat!" He shouts back at me, I chuckle and slow down my pace a bit as I hear his feet kick off the ground. I listen to his light stomps as he chases me. He ends up passing me, his blonde hair swaying back by the force of the wind.
"Nooo!! David! Come on let me win!" He giggles and speeds up his pace. I playfully roll my eyes and add more speed to attempt to catch up with him. Except I don't stop in time and accidentally crash into him when we finally make it to the fence where my dad is. I didn't even notice until we were both on the ground again.
"Boys! Are you two alright?" He gives us a worried look, leaning over the fence to try and see us. I crawl off of David and look at him. His face is red, and his hair is messy. He has a bit of grass in his hair, I can't help but giggle.
"What are you laughing at?" He frowns, I lean closer to him, watching him flinch as I get close, pulling a piece of grass out of his hair. His baby blue eyes staring at my face as I blow the grass away.
"So you two are alright?" Dad asks, repeating himself, causing both of us to jump. I push myself up off the ground.
"Oh uh! Yeah.. right day..?" I ask, and David nods. I stick out my hand, hinting for him to grab it. He takes it and I pull him up. "Hey dad.. can David stay the night?" I ask, picking another piece of grass out of David's hair, continuing to hold his hand.
"Exer you know you both have school tomorrow." Dad says in a slightly stern voice, I sigh in disappointment.
"Oh right.. I forgot." I smile at David, he lets out a snort, before bursting into laughter. I raise an eyebrow at him, before smiling at him. His laughter sounded like music to my ears.
"Mr. Harry?" David saying dad's name caught me off guard. I look at dad, completely forgetting i'm still holding David's hand. "Am I riding with you again?" Dad nods, and David looks down. He notices that we're still holding hands and quickly pulls his hand away. I don't say anything, and just rest my hand by my side. If me and David were younger, it would be exciting to ride together, but now that we're older, we know the reason why he rides with me and dad.