Chapter Three!

Tw : Abuse and Divorce??

here's where the angst really begins.. 😈

The car ride home, was very quiet. Me and Exer played rock paper scissors the whole time. That dreadful feeling passed over me as we arrived at my house. Mom and dad had been yelling and arguing a lot lately. I mean they always have, but I had never seen it get this bad. I shut the car door, slightly slamming it. I wince at how loud it is. Mr. Harry had his window rolled down, so I walked up towards it.
"Hi." I smiled at him, he smiled back.
"Hello son." He says, I began to wrap my fingers around my helmet tighter when he said this. I wish Mr. Harry was my dad. He's so much nicer than mine. "Did you need something?" I snap out of my trance and chuckle slightly.
"Oh no sir! I was just trying to thank you for the ride." He smiles and nods at me.
"Anytime David." He straightens his posture, and places his hands on the wheel. "If you need me for anything, I'm just a phone call away." I nodded, and continued to smile at him. "Well, we should get going now. Bye son." I can see Exer's head bob up and look at me.
"Bye Day!" He shouts, his dad letting out a small sigh.
"Bye ex!" I say softly, then turn my attention back to Mr. Harry. "See you guys later." Mr. Harry nodded and drove off. His car leaving a trail of smoke behind it. I turned around, now I was facing the house. I don't want to go inside. I know they're fighting, I know it. My grip tightens on my helmet. I take a deep breath, and push my hair back, taking a step forward, then another, and so on after that. When I finally reach the door, I push it open. No. It swings open. I stumble back in fear, to find out it was only mom. She looks at me with an upsetting face.
"Oh baby.." She pulls me into a hug, I sit there confused. "I'm so sorry my love.." She pulls back and looks at me for a second. She had a red handprint on her face.
"Mom? Your face— what happened?" I ask, she continues to stare at me, she's on the verge of tears. She bites her lip, and turns her head.
"Brenda sweetheart, come on. Let's go." She says, I raise an eyebrow. Where is she taking Brenda?
"Where are you guys going? Is Brenda staying at a friend's house?"Mom steps out of the way and Brenda walks out the house. Her eyes are red and puffy. She pulls me into a hug. 
"David, i'm so sorry." I hug her back, and she begins to sob into my jersey. I don't know what is going on. Why is everyone apologizing? I give mom a questioning look as Brenda sobs onto my chest.
"Mom, what's going on?" I ask, a bit more stern now. I hated being stern, it reminds me too much of my dad.
"We're getting a divorce, David." My dad's unpleasant voice roars as he steps into the door frame. My eyes widen in shock. Maybe it was the best for them, but they couldn't separate me and Brenda just like this!
"William! He's just a child! You could've told him in a nicer way!" Mom raises her voice at dad. I hold Brenda tighter as I realize they're most likely about to argue again.
"He's not a baby Christine. He needs to grow up someday." Dad says in a stern voice, this sends chills down my spine. I stare at dad wide eyed, I felt them swell up with tears. He narrows his eyebrows at me, I guess he was hinting for me not to let myself cry.
"You're just going to separate us like that?" I ask, pain and anger rising in my voice. Mom bites her lip, holding back her tears again. Dad continues to look at me with his brows narrowed. Mom pulls Brenda off of me.
"I'm really sorry honey. One day you'll realize this was for the best." She says, holding Brenda close to her. "We have to go now." I stared at her, and I felt the tears begin to drip. She leaned down and pressed her lips against my forehead. It felt nice, I wish she could do it more often. "I'm so sorry, but stay strong for me. Okay?" She says, as she begins to lead Brenda down the stairs. I can feel my heart rip into a thousand pieces. I wish I could just, go with them. They begin to walk off of our property, holding each other. Dad just stands behind me, silently.
"This wouldn't have even happened if you weren't a fucking alcoholic." I mumble under my breath. I know he's making that face, where his face is all wrinkled and red.
"What the fuck did you just say?" He asks, I raise an eyebrow as I look at him, hoping he thought he was hearing things. "Answer me! What did you say?!" He raises his voice, he's practically shouting at me. My eyes widen in fear.
"I said this wouldn't have even happened if you weren't an alcoholic!" I raise my voice, and close my eyes. There's a slapping sound, then a sharp pain on my face. I open my eyes in disbelief, did he really just..?
"That is no way to talk to your goddamn father!" He shouts, his face is red, and his eyebrows are narrowed. "Do you understand me?!" I nod, out of fear, he grits his teeth at me, before walking inside and slamming the door. I slowly take steps off of the porch to see if I can still see mom and Brenda. I don't. I felt the tears come back onto my hot face. The tears stung. I tightened my clench on my helmet. I swung it in the air then threw it down onto the ground. I was so pissed at everyone right now. I kicked my helmet, watching as it tumbles a few times before stopping again. I felt myself begin to shake. I can't help but drop to the ground and let out a yell. Today was the worst day ever.