Chapter 211 - Meeting a Tough Opponent

In the river of blood, huge masses of ice had been unleashed.

At that moment, along the tens of thousands of meters of the river, atop what appeared to be a piece of ancient ruins covered in dust for centuries, everything was wrapped in a blanket of ice and snow.

All the men from the first group were frozen in place; the freezing was instantaneous, and they all maintained their actions as if they had been frozen in a split second.

"The freezing speed was very fast," Zheng Jingfeng observed the expression of the nearest armed policeman, who seemed very calm and was looking at his magazine. "If they had had enough time to react when the incident occurred, it would be impossible for them to have maintained such a normal expression. Which means they froze at a speed faster than the reaction speed of a human being."

"The headquarters monitoring system showed that contact was lost with all personnel within a range of 2.47 seconds. Judging by the situation, it didn't take more than a second for the soldiers to freeze; the 2.47 seconds is the time it took for the Fengbo mechanical system to fail," Zheng Jingfeng analyzed carefully.

Suddenly, Xie Qingcheng dragged him behind a large tree and gestured for silence.

Xie Qingcheng's hearing was extremely sensitive, and he could pick up sounds from far away, so the two held their breath behind the tree. After waiting for a long time, a special metal bridge floated over the cold and misty river of blood, and a group of mechanical warriors arrived where they were with steps that resonated "cha, cha, cha" on the thick snow-covered ground, their steps were loud, their electronic eyes glowing with two dim green lights.

The leader of the group of mechanical warriors stopped, his alloy head turned 360 degrees as he looked around, and after a few brief seconds, he said in a stiff tone:

"No enemies detected, proceed with the transport mission."

The dozens of mechanical warriors behind them then began to extend their steel arms, picking up the frozen humans and carrying them on their shoulders as if they were merchandise, and one by one they returned along the iron bridge, gradually disappearing into the pale snowstorm.

Zheng Jingfeng said, "They are..."

Xie Qingcheng raised his hand to indicate for him not to speak, lowered his eyelids, and held his breath, listening to sounds that no normal human could hear.

After several minutes, he lowered the hand blocking Zheng Jingfeng and then opened his eyes.

"I heard two people talking, one must have been a messenger from the castle, and the other must be the inventor of these robots, Zoya."

He looked solemn as he quietly recounted what he had heard.

"Zoya said she asked these robots to take all the soldiers inside the castle and thaw them in the test area, so that the disciples wouldn't have to worry about it or send others to help, because these people were frozen by their rapid cooling light and before they are thawed by that device, they can only be transported by the mechanical warriors with specific angles, force, and speed, otherwise they will easily cause damage to the ice and direct death after thawing."

Zheng Jingfeng asked, "Does that mean all those people are still alive?"

Xie Qingcheng nodded and said, "As long as they are not touched lightly and no secondary damage occurs, they can be thawed. Judging by the content of the conversation I overheard, Zoya is planning to transport all these people back to the castle to become the test subjects they need, and she has no intention of immediately destroying them all."