Chapter 243 - Self-Destruction

Duan Wen adjusted his suit and stood by the floor-to-ceiling window, where the red flowers on the windowsill swayed, and there was a chess table next to the window.

It used to belong to him and Li Yun.

After assigning the task of transferring the device to a competent subordinate, he chatted with Li Yun. It had been a long time since he played a chess game so happily with someone; Li Yun's level was good enough to make him feel good about his opponent. He craved this feeling and wanted to prolong it indefinitely. At that moment, after twenty years, they had played half of the chess game, and it didn't matter if they played the rest of the night.

Li Yun had already fallen asleep, although the transformed brain had Li Yun's consciousness implanted, it easily became exhausted.

Duan Wen smoothed out the creases in his clothes and left the room, staying alone in the living room, listening to the urgent report from Lu Yuzhu's clone.

"This is what happened," Lu Yuzhu's clone said. "Duan-laoban, he said is the first emperor. He wants to see you."

Duan Wen slowly finished smoking a cigarette.

Lu Yuzhu's clone said cautiously, "Look..."

"Go and bring him," Duan Wen's voice had no ripple. "I'll meet him here."

"Yes."

Lu Yuzhu's clone withdrew.

Duan Wen held the cigarette between his fingers and looked out the window.

A lot had happened in the past few hours, besides his own personal affairs, the fact that Lu Yuzhu had just arrived to report that Xie Qingcheng had suddenly acknowledged his identity as the first emperor, that Anthony had completed the final brainwashing of He Yu and let him go to the battlefield...

Looking from there, he could see the fierce battle between Mandela and the Dreambreakers, with the blood toxin that had gone to the front line a moment ago. The rear of the robot made through the virtual image was like a mountain on fire, quite striking, and with He Yu's enhanced power, it was easy to imagine how scared the souls of the Dreambreakers facing He Yu were.

Through Anthony's monitoring, he could confirm that He Yu's strength was astonishing. As soon as the power of the blood toxin came to light, there was pain and bloodshed, his comrades raised their weapons to kill each other in a brutal yet morbidly tragic manner. It was a beauty completely different from the rapid cooling light weapon, the beauty of killing like Eastern witchcraft.

Duan Wen observed the war like a magnificent oil painting.

In some ways, Duan Wen was actually more insensitive than Duan Cuizhen: Duan Cuizhen went from being a normal person to what she is today, but Duan Wen had been raised in such a morbid way since he was a child that he had always been an abnormal existence that Duan Cuizhen carefully cultivated.

Because of this, he was different from everyone else on the island; the islanders sought fame, money, and power, but Duan Wen only sought the results of his scientific research.

The blood toxin was undoubtedly a success.

It was a pity that the researcher from the American laboratory who developed the special RN-13 for Vivian had already died by then. Duan Wen still remembered that the day before the man died, he had lost a vintage framed necklace, which was found by Duan Cuizhen. When Duan Cuizhen called the researcher to retrieve it, he told her that the photo was of his grandmother and that the necklace was a relic of his grandfather.