Prologue

Melody stood still, shaken in the dark valley by the events of her first day on earth which turned out to be a disaster. She couldn't imagine what the upcoming days held for her.

She just got yelled on the face by two ferocious wolves leaving her stunned. If she hadn't arrived at the right time, they both would have rejected each other already and went on their way. Her interference and presence made them both furious so much they ended up teaching her how sharp their teeth looked. She had to place her hand over her heart to calm down it a little bit once they left.

While she was aware of the decade long enemity between the fairies and wolves, witnessing it in person was more scarier than the horrifying stories she heard from the senior fairies and her friends on earth.

Though the stories were not so delightful, Melody had thought she could handle the wolves just fine, not worrying that much. When she received a message from Alicia, the fairy godmother, that it was time for her to go to earth, a week ago, she was so excited to finally be here.

Not because she wanted to meet the wolves but she was finally going to work as a fairy for earthly creatures as she had always dreamt. Countless of her days and nights were spent on watching earth from fairyland leaning forward on the golden fence imagining herself being there, walking among the humans, assisting them with her powers.

As a music fairy, her job was supposed to be simple. All she had to do was to put ideas into people's heads and they would pour it on the their instruments producing a sweet song that humans enjoyed. In her twenty years of life, there wasn't a day passed without training her musical powers in school and home and almost everywhere. Ancient fairies and their tales, adventures were her daily food while growing up.

But what she was doing right now? Going behind the wolves!

Getting yelled by them!

Melody was only trying to help just like her fellow fairy sisters on earth. Because of these adamant wolves, half of the fairies were forced to abandon their fairy work and their dream, instead given the job of persuading werewolves from rejecting each other. The job wasn't easy either. Especially when the wolves blamed the fairies for their misery.

Misery? When did being with your soulmate become misery?

How could the werewolves deny the bond that was so strong and beautiful?

Didn't they know fairy godmother gave them the connection for a reason?

Vampires had accepted it way before the werwolves. In fact as their lifetime was longer than any other creatures in the world, it seemed like having a mate for lifetime was truly a blessing to them. They thanked her everyday through prayers and offerings.

In opposite, the werewolves had been denying each other mates. They didn't want their fate to choose their mates. Some of them said they weren't ready, some said they were too young to have a mate, some said they have other goals in their life and some said they wanted to live freely.

Perhaps, mingling with humans too much had affected their thinking. Whatever it was, Melody wished at least the wolves hadn't treated the fairies so harshly.

When rejection started increasing among the wolves a decade ago, the desperate fairy godmother was so worried. The bond she had created with pure passion was getting destroyed. Not only that, if she let rejection kept happening, it would alter the world order and peace. Without a mate, wolves would become more aggressive and dangerous to society. Gods from other realms urged her to fix this before it got too late. They looked down on her, chided her for creating such a weak bond, threatened to destroy the fairy land.

She became desparate.

She was searching for ideas and asking help from other celestial creatures with no success until one day a few senior fairies on earth volunteered to have a 'talk' with the wolves which the godmother gladly agreed. They had managed to convince some of the wolves who were about to reject each other and made them change their mind in last minute.

Sprout of hope was born.

Soon after, so many fairies got picked up by their ability and smartness and sent to the earth. Schools, clubs, restaurants, each packs and so many crowded places wherever the fairy godmother thought mates could be meeting for the first time, she sent the fairies there.

Usually, fairies went to earth once they reached twenty three and finished their training to serve the earthly creatures. Since the situation demanded, fairies above eighteen were also picked and sent to the earth to work along with the senior fairies who were already there.

So instead of assisting the humans as a wood fairy, healing fairy, tooth fairy like they were originally designed to do, all of them were forced to run behind the wolves in order to prevent the rejection from happening.

As a result, fairies whom once were celebrated and respected by the wolves for creating a bond, became enemies to the same creatures. Long gone the days where wolves begged and prayed to meet their mate soon. Now all they wanted was their burdenless freedom.

Melody just hoped all of this stupidity and enemity would end soon.

Cause, she had to go through another twenty plus furious pair of mates before she could even enter the human world as a music fairy.

She could only hope werewolves came to their senses soon, so that fairies could do what they were actually made for.

Not what they were compelled to do...