Chapter-3

"Kyle!"

Chase growled pushing Kyle so hard that he fell down on his butt when he took a step towards my direction.

The beta had been kindly asking Kyle to let us in for at least ten minutes in order to help him but to no avail. Now that he was on the floor, far enough for us to enter, Chase wasted no time by quickly grabbing my wrist and pulling us inside the house which made Kyle growl.

"Get out! Why is she even here, Chase?"

Kyle shouted in anger still on the floor, his eyes glowing dangerously. He had become worse than the first time we met. His shoulder length blonde hair was greasy, dried blood was all over his body and I could see a lot of scars, freshly healing wounds on his bare chest indicating he had been hurting himself. He looked a complete mess just by an almost rejection which left me wonder how his wolf was going to react if it actually ended up happening.

"She is here to help you"

Chase stated making Kyle snort before stumbling a little to stand up.

"I don't need anyone's help, I'm fine"

"No, you are not. You're not the Kyle I know. Your wolf is killing you"

"My wolf is not the only one who is killing me"

I didn't need to be a genius to understand that he was talking about Layla, his mate was sad since he was literally dying here to have his mate while she wasn't even ready to talk about him. She was looking far more better than he was, meaning she cared less than less than Kyle, that was why she was able to walk away from her mate so easily unlike Kyle.

"You should talk to her, she will understand"

"Yeah, right", chuckling humourlessly, he went up to one of the couches which was in the center of the living room before taking a cigarette from one of his jean's pocket and proceeding to light it after putting it in his mouth. A whirl of smoke formed in the air making me scrunch up my nose as it was starting to smell worse than it was before along with the smell of alcohol.

"Oh, you don't like it, Mel? My bad"

Kyle mocked me blowing more smoke at my direction.

"Kyle"

Chase warned him using his beta tone which Kyle didn't take well.

"You're going all beta on me, Chase? Seriously? For this girl? First you pushed me, now this. After all these years of friendship, you're going to attack me for a stupid fairy who couldn't do anything except dressing like a Disney princess and talking like an innocent bitch?"

Before Chase could reply, I threw some fairy dust at Kyle's direction by raising my hand and successfully preventing him from taking an another whiff from the cigarette because it became a flower making Kyle growl loudly. But I managed to stand still and gave him a pointy look.

"Look, Kyle. There is no need for you to be mad at me. I've been only trying to help you but you're not letting me"

"I should be crazy to trust you again. Because of you, she walked away from that day. You told her to take her time to think about giving me a chance"

Kyle hissed through his teeth like it was all my fault. If anything, he should be glad that I was there on time to prevent things becoming worse. Ungrateful idiot.

"Are you serious? I saved your back that day. Layla was about to reject you before I intertwined"

"No, you made me prolong the pain even more. You delayed the process. You should have let her do it because it's gonna happen anyway in the end whether she thinks about it or not"