Chapter -4

"You should leave" Chase announced turning to face me, his voice worried.

I was worried too. But unlike him I wasn't worried because of the alpha's arrival but the beast standing just a few feet away from us, ready to attack. Kyle's eyes were glowing red, successfully terrifying me more. His wolf was trying to take control and with his claws and canines out, I would say it was already succeeding. Chase was right I should leave now.

When we tried to take a step towards the door, Kyle growled as a warning.

"I'm not letting you go that easily, fairy", which earned a growl from Chase in response.

"She is not your enemy, Kyle! Get that into your thick head. She risked her life by being here to help you. Not only her, we all did. Now everything is going to waste because of you"

"Me? Did I ask any one of yours help? You all brought your nose in my business. Now you are going to pay for it!"

"You've gone beyond help" Chase replied shaking his head before grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the exit.

We hadn't even taken a few steps when Kyle ran towards us and jumped on Chase making me scream in fear. Letting go of my arm, Chase pushed on Kyle's chest with so much force that he went on flying before landing on the floor harshly.

It must've hurt but he wasn't ready to stop being stubborn yet as he quickly stood up growling loudly and began to charge towards us but this time in his wolf form. He changed into it as soon as he stood up. As I stood there mouth gaped, Chase was quick to think on his feet and wasted no time in changing into his wolf.

While Kyle's wolf was dirty blonde coloured, Chase's was gray in color with exceptional of his paws being white. Kyle was much smaller in size compared to the beta since he didn't held any rank to him. He was just an average wolf. That was the only relief regarding this situation. Chase would definitely win, he had to... He was the beta of the pack after all. I could sense the power radiating from him more than before, maybe it was because he was in his wolf form.

Either way, Chase had the upper hand compared to Kyle mentally and physically but that didn't stop me from getting terrified considering the fact the beta was in his right mind, and hurting Kyle wasn't his goal while Kyle was the exact opposite.

The entire time Kyle's red eyes were on me hungry for my blood and I gulped in response. Though Chase was standing in front of me protectively and I trusted him, I didn't want to take any chances by being here. Running to the exit didn't seem to be a bad idea. While he was distracting Kyle, I planned to run like hell crossing the garden, the wooden gate and finally on the street before reaching a safe place where I could use my wings and fly away without anyone seeing.

Like a coward...

I pursed my lips at my own thought.

Chase could defend himself.

I told myself but I wasn't convinced. If something happened to him, it would be because of me and I would be so guilt ridden. He was a nice guy and I didn't want anything happen to him. And I could use my magic to save him if needed.

While I was swimming in my own thoughts, the fight was already started happening. It was Chase who attacked Kyle first. The beta gave a strong blow to Kyle with one of his paws which the heartbroken wolf didn't take nicely. He tried to bite the gray wolf multiple times after that but all in vain as the beta easily and skillfully avoided the attacks like a truly trained wolf. It was impressive and I started thinking maybe I didn't have to run away after all-

Before I could even finish the thought off, I heard bunch of wolves growling and thuds of paws in distance. The alpha was near already. Freaking out that I might not have enough time to save my life if I kept standing here, I finally decided to sprint out and take my chance.