𓆩𐄺𓆪

FW: Violence, blood and gore mentioned.

Jiyuu stepped back into the room to find everyone laughing and talking. She wasn't in her best mood after hanging around the Gojo boy, but this cheered her up a little more.

Kirai was leaning against the wall beside the doorway and was the first to notice she'd come in.

"Hey, young lady," said Kirai. She leaned down and dropped her voice until nobody but Jiyuu could hear her. "After we go back, I want a word with you."

"What's wrong?"

"I want to discuss your powers."

"Nee-san!" said Yuuri. "Come and talk with us!" she said, patting the floor between her and Geto.

Jiyuu went over and plopped down in the place her sister indicated.

"How did the servants treat you?" asked Aori.

"They were very nice. I'm surprised, because the servants in a lot of books are mostly jealous and spoiled," answered Jiyuu.

"Is that so?" laughed Aori. "The servants here are well trained, so I wouldn't expect many of them to show their inner feelings to other people."

"They're all smitten with your pesky son," grumbled Jiyuu. "I find him unpleasantly rude. He wouldn't even tell me his name!"

"My son isn't very used to outsiders," said Aori. "He's the young master; so many people are forbidden to go near him."

"I see. But why are his eyes so different from yours?"

Jiyuu paused to remember his eyes again. They stabbed like icy daggers when he glared at you, yet they contained a marvellous yet intimidating beauty. Aori, however, had black eyes, and they were warm and friendly, clashing horribly with her son's.

"Satoru was born with the Six Eyes and Limitless cursed technique. There hasn't been one since 400 years, so the clan does its best to protect him from people who want to harm him. He can fight well already, but he's ruthless sometimes, and I worry for him because of it." Her face darkened, and she seemed a little older and a little more concerned than she did just now.

"He's famous," chirped Haru. "I heard he had a bounty on his head for over $100 million when he was only six. Is that true?"

Aori nodded grimly, and everyone gasped except for Kirai and Jiyuu.

"Cursed spirits, assassinators, and many other people want his life, and as ridiculous as it is, there are even more people who want his hand in marriage," said Aori with a vague smirk.

"I've seen them," added Kirai. "I'd say they've gone mad. He isn't even half as amazing as the rumours say he is." And Jiyuu agreed mentally.

"But it's a big problem too, isn't it?" inquired Geto. "If he has that many bad guys after him and even more girls gawking over him, wouldn't it be chaotic?"

"That's true as well," replied Aori. "His father wants to marry him off someday for political purposes, but Satoru has never agreed on the aspect of marriage. He's a little too young, after all."

"How old is he, exactly?" asked Jiyuu.

"He was born in December, and he is eleven, just like you and Geto."

"That's a surprise."

Kirai stood up straight. "I think we should go back now," she said.

"What?! Now?" cried Haru.

"We've intruded upon their territory and taken up enough of their time," said Kirai firmly. "I'm sorry, Aori, but I think something has happened."

Aori seemed worried. But after a second of hesitation, she stood up and bowed. "I see. Thank you for staying to talk."