𓆩᱙𓆪

FW: Violence, blood and gore mentioned.

They were just talking and having a normal conversation until Kirai interrupted them, insisting that they leave at once. Geto had known his sensei for a long time, and he considered her his mother sometimes. But he didn't know that this would happen.

Geto wasn't originally from the Jujutsu society. He was born into a non-sorcerer family, and his family feared his abilities. And so he was ostracised and seen as disgusting. He'd lived like this for a long time, until a woman showed up at his door.

The aura permeating from her was forbidding yet reassuring at the same time, and he'd never met someone like that before. He found himself being taken away, and his family did nothing to oppose. The woman gave an explanation for everything and introduced herself as Kirai Yamazu. She became his mentor and took care of him up until now.

She loved giving him satanic training, but she knew his limits. She trained him for over three years, and they knew each other like the back of their hands. As common as her personality may be, Kirai was still a deep person many had yet to explore. He never knew why she knew so many things about the past, why she never talked of her family, and why she took him to live in the Kamo clan in the first place. But he avoided prodding sensitive topics out of an understanding of her current state of mind.

Then, one day at the end of December, she brought more kids in. One was as old as him, and another was three years younger. That day, she had sensed something on the border of her curtain, they checked it out, and it turned out to be those two. Ever since, another seed had been sown.

"Suguru, can you help me bandage this guy?"

"Eh?" said Geto with a jolt. His thoughts had drifted unawares.

"Don't daydream, Suguru. Finish your job and help me with this guy."

Geto remembered now. He was at the Kamo clan, and a massacre had happened. He was helping the residents there when he suddenly decided to ponder the past. He looked down at his unfinished bandaging. The wound he was bandaging was from the knee of an elderly man, which, from the looks of it, was probably out cold.

He picked up the ends of the bandage and started wrapping again. A small bead of sweat trickled from his forehead down to the bridge of his nose. He wiped it off. Simultaneously, he finished his work.

"You done?" squeaked Haru.

"Where's Yuuri?"

"With my mom. Come help me, Suguru."

He sighed and bent down to help her wind the bandage around the man's ankles. Oameke winced as she examined the wound at his throat. Geto looked up. The wound wasn't that deep and had already stopped bleeding, but it was grotty nonetheless.

"Who do you think would do this?" said Haru, shaking her head as she uncorked a bottle of salve.

"How would I know?" muttered Geto in response. "Looks like some beast grabbed them by the neck and burned them with its fingers, but I wouldn't know what did it."

"The marks do look like choke marks," blathered Haru, gingerly applying the salve to the wound. The salve's rosy aroma filled the air for a brief moment before being replaced by the foul smell of blood and flesh.

"Yamazu sensei and Jiyuu-chan haven't come back. Is the cursed spirit that hard to fight?" chirped Haru.

"A cursed spirit just broke into the Kamo residence and ripped out everyone's throats. I can't believe what you're saying," spouted Geto.

"I want to go check them out."

"No way, Oameke. Kirai sensei told us to stay here. Don't forget about Yuuri."