Chapter 4

Vote if you enjoy? ;D

All rights reserved.

Chapter Four

Jaicous grunted, deliberately loud enough for Docetre to hear but his eyes were not on the skinny man. Jaicous dismissed his presence without a thought. It wasn't the servant he had to worry about. No,  his murderous glare was firmly stuck on the door the Prince had freely left through. How Jaicous wished he could walk through that door and the guards just let him. But that would not be, they would capture him before he set foot out the room if Docetre had anything to say about it. One word from the man and Jaicous would be flat on his back or Gods forbid shackled like the slave he'd always felt he'd been. Only now was it hitting him that his life before, a life of freedom was nothing compared to a slaves. He should have taken his chance to leave as a gatherer before despite the consequences, now, he didn't have a chance.

Now his freedom had been taken and Jaicous wasn't sure how to feel about it. Escape, was the most obvious thing that came to mind. But with the Prince's orders to keep him locked away, orders from that high a power Jaicous didn't know how that would at all be possible.  

A sneer formed on his lips and he tightened his fists. The Prince was exactly like Jaicous thought he'd be. All the rumours he'd heard were true; the Prince truly was as self-centred as he was perceived to be by the commoners. Finally, the people of Kings square knew what they were talking about and for once Jaicous was not in disagreement. He was going to let it slide, maybe the rumours weren't true and the Prince had acted as such because he genuinely believed Jaicous had been lying in wait to kill him as Jaicous acted when men hid in the tavern waiting for him; with vicious retorts and angry gestures. But now, Gods he'd been so wrong. Why had he been going to give the Prince a chance? Well, because he thought he'd never meet the Prince and had hoped not to either.

The Prince loved no one but himself it appeared to Jaicous. The Prince's stony outlook and blank expressions only ever changed for a smirk of amusement. There was nothing genuine about the Prince.

Would Jaicous be expected to love him? He shivered at the thought. No...he couldn't, wouldn't submit himself to that. He could neither love him mentally and Gods forbid physically. Was he expected to suck up to him? There was no other situation imaginable that was worse that than. He could not stand to be within touching distance of the foul man. Did they think he would be able to seduce him? They were wrong. He thought back to Eiamus, the arms of his tall handsome lover were beginning to feel more welcoming than with hisnew potential new lover.

If it ever came down to seducing would he be able to stomach it? He held faith in himself that he would, but that was his last resort. It would be a way to use the Prince for his own advantages and then leave him with a broken heart, that was if the Prince allowed him to leave. However it was a foolish plan. The Prince would never fall in love, he had had many chances for that with the many Royals at the land, those Royal by blood who were suitable for the position of Suitor. Many men fighting tooth and nail to be by the Prince's side. And the Prince of all people had chosen him, and he was not even Royal! Yes, it was clear to Jaicous; the Prince had no experience with love. No experience with passion that tingled through to the core, with affection given to those you dearly loved. A quick smile or kiss as you parted with your lover. No, the only things he had experience with were deceit and dallying around. He thought he could simply have love, capture it and make it his. Jaicous decided he was certainly not going to be giving him anything even if they were similar in their natures. He could compare himself to the Prince, he too was attractive and he often gained the attention of any company he wanted. He'd visited placed all over Aishion, struck up deals of his own and had many lovers.

How would the Prince feel about if he knew, did he know about Jaicous's history with other men and women? Jaicous was at a loss of how the Prince would convince everybody that he was from a Royal family. That was he plan wasn’t it? Jaicous had his suspicions. A suitor had to be Royal. But how would he go about convincing them when many knew him for what he was, a mere Gatherer boy.