Chapter 6

:) Enjoy chappy 6!

All rights reserved.

Onesia is pronounced Oni-sia

Chapter Six

As they entered the room Jaicous took in the surroundings with unconcealed awe. They had entered the Grand Hall, the room the King resided in when he decided upon politic decisions that shaped Aishion. Briefly, he wondered why the Prince had brought them here, before the blues, silvers, and greens dazzled his mind into a state of subconscious wonder.   

He’d never stepped foot on the floors above the servant quarters since today, let alone the most sacred place in all of Aishion. It wasn’t a servants place to visit rooms he wasn’t meant to, or he might’ve already taken a look.

In all of his life, this was the last place he thought he’d get to see. The only ticket into here for servants and commoners alike was for committing high treason, they would be taken here for judgement to be passed before the long trek to the gallows. It was cruel, Jaicous thought, criminals saw such luxury, something they would never have themselves before they were sentenced to death.   

The hall was lavished in expensive finery, Jaicous thought the Prince’s chambers had been bad enough but it was nothing compared to this.

He treaded in carefully upon the carpeted floor adorned with several of the finest silk rugs thrown across the centre and leading up to a high platform sticking out of the ground. Despite not caring for the Prince's possessions, Jaicous knew when to be respectful to those who deserved it- lest he get his head cut off, and after all, this room clearly belonged to the King.

What Jaicous had come to know of the Prince’s style he noticed none of it was displayed here. The finery was grand, only the best for Royalty, but not nearly as detailed as the Prince's tastes. However it was blatant that the room was the most expensive in the castle and Jaicous felt uncomfortably out of place among the regalia. The clothing which should have blended him in made him feel fake, as if he was once again a young boy stealing the local Lord’s finery to impress a boy he liked.

At first Jaicous thought the room was empty, until the Prince stepped forward and spoke to the head of the room.

"Father," the Prince greeted, stepping forward and dropping his head into a quick nod. He’d drawn his sword when Jaicous had been occupied and was swinging the blade side to side as if only playing with the thing. Jaicous urged to take it, it was his by right.

Upon the platform King Onesia stood up from his throne and descended the small staircase with a scowl upon his face, taking his precious time to reach them. Jaicous didn’t feel at all welcome in his presence, just like last time.

They were not receiving a warm welcome then, Jaicous noted wondering what the Prince would do. Did the King know of his son’s new Suitor?

The King had dark blonde hair, the waves familiar to Jaicous, it was surprising how similar the Prince and the King looked, despite that the King was a good two decades older. He was tall, and sour looking, he held his chin high with a posture that demanded respect. His eyes flicked over to Jaicous and his beady eyes examined him slowly, doing nothing but intimidating Jaicous. The Prince certainly hadn’t gotten his arrogant attitude from his mother. 

The Prince walked forward. “I bring news,” he said with an air of authority.

“I have heard of your announcement boy. How kind it is of you to inform me personally of the recent development concerning your Suitor,” the King said. Jaicous looked at the King and then back at the Prince. They were both as bad as each other.