Sadie Love

People long for things all the time. Some people long for success, some long for love, a family, travelling. Normal things...Somehow I always find myself craving chaos, danger, the adrenaline of not knowing what's going to happen next. However, I am trapped inside a bland, predictable life that I have no hope of breaking free from. My mother and father are magnificent parents but their excessive need to plan every step of my life, making sure I don't put my foot towards a path they haven't created for me, rids me of any chance of me actually living a fulfilling life.
      "Honey, it's time to get up and get dressed for school!" There it was, the part of the day I hate the most. Waking up. I groaned in protest as I peeled my tired body from my cream sheets. I travelled across my room until i reached my wardrobe to pick out my clothes for the day. My hands went through the very limited choices due to my parents not allowing anything 'inappropriate' meaning anything fashionable. "Boring, boring, oh look!" I paused "boring" my eyes rolled as I picked out some plain black trousers, that looked like something someone who works at an office would wear, paired with a plain white t shirt. Sliding the clothes onto my body, I sighed looking into my mirror. The clothes did absolutely nothing for me. I brushed through my long blonde hair and messed about with it to try and save myself from looking like a complete idiot. "I guess this will do" I mumbled unimpressed to myself.
       I made my way downstairs and went into the kitchen where I was met with my mum and dad sitting across from each other at the dining table. My mums blonde hair was pulled into a tidy bun as though she'd spent hours perfecting it. Her coffee mug met her mouth and she took a sip before speaking. "Good morning sweetheart, how did you sleep?" She asked with a sincere tone "I slept alright thank you mum, I mean I did have this weird dre-" I was cut off by a deep voice "have you studied for your exams? They're only a few weeks away and we expect nothing but the best from our only daughter" my dad studied my reaction to his question with a stern look on his wrinkled face. His fingers combed through his grey hair "If we don't see the results we're expecting then you will be grounded so I suggest when you come home tonight you study. Hard" he lectured causing my eyes to internally roll. It's almost impossible to impress my father. He cannot tolerate anything less than perfection and it is exhausting sometimes. "Yes father" I replied bluntly in a polite tone to disguise my frustration. "It's 7:30 dear, shouldn't you be heading out to college? Don't want you to be late" my mum broke the silence with a sweeter tone to pour a sugarcoat over my father's serious words. I grabbed a banana and made my way out the door with a quick 'goodbye' to my parents.
      Although my dad has a car, he refuses to drive me anywhere in order to teach me to be organised and not rely on anybody else. Due to this, I find myself at the bus stop more often than not. While I waited for the bus I placed my earphones into my ears and played music from my phone. After what seemed like an eternity , the bus finally arrived and I began my journey to college. To make the half hour bus trip bearable I pulled out my favourite book and in seconds I was lost in the pages of my book like I was living every word on the paper. Reading has always been my favourite thing to do, there really isn't anything else that could beat picking up a book and getting completely sucked in by words. When you live such a tasteless, dragging life, books become an escape like a portal to different more exciting worlds. Anything is possible and there is an endless pit for your imagination to do whatever it pleases. Crazy creatures, villains, heroes, forbidden love, battles, magic...I sometimes wish I was a character in a book, written as someone who takes risks and always jumps into the deep end...With nicer clothes too. However, instead I am cuffed to the expectations of my parents so, for now, an adventure through a book will have to satisfy my intense craving for something more.
      My eyes met the bus window, taking in every passing thing from the trees to people going about their everyday lives, mothers taking their children to school, people in smart attire going to work, teenagers all messing about as they make their way to school. Unfortunately, my people watching had to come to a stop and it was time to go be sent into a pit of boredom. Once the bus had stopped I made my way off with a quick "thank you" to the driver. One foot in front of the other, I forced myself to go into the college building.
      The sound of my best friend's voice, Tara,  filled my ears as I walked down the halls "hey Ady!" Her arms swung around me in a comforting embrace. "Hey" I softly replied. Tara was always the more confident one in the friendship. She never steers away from meeting new people or standing up for herself, Her mind is strongly set to be an independent, self owning woman. Nobody could blame her for her confidence, she was stunning. The way her long chestnut hair always seems to be effortlessly perfect, the way her big chocolate eyes hold nothing but honesty, sincerity and joy. Her beauty was something nobody could deny but her heart? Her heart was the most beautiful thing about her.
     We linked arms and continued to walk towards our classrooms "what the hell are you wearing?" She giggled "you look like you're on your way to a business meeting!" I playfully shoved her as she made fun of my not so cute outfit. "You know my parents don't let me wear clothes that could portray me as anything other than pristine and proper" she did have a point though...I really did look like a business woman and not in the sexy boss woman way. "I know, I know. One day my lady" she stopped in front of my English literature classroom and faced me, taking both my hands into hers "I will take you shopping! You've got a hot body, you shouldn't be disrespecting it with these hideous clothes" my eyes rolled followed by a smile because of my best friend's comment. "Anyways I've got to get to class , love you Ady" she blew a kiss before trailing off down the hall. I turn to my classroom door and sighed. There's a thousand places I'd rather be right now.
I dragged myself over to my chair placed at the back of the class. While I reached for my books, I felt a presence appear next to me and I look to my right expecting my usual seating partner, Liam. However, I was met with an unfamiliar face. Her hair was in a black bob with an electric blue fringe. The piercings and tattoos weren't what forced me to be wary of her but the light pink scar that ran across her pale cheek definitely did. "Hi I'm-" I was rudely cut off by a groan "listen pretty, I don't care who you are or you're story so let's not waste time making small talk" her voice remained monotone as though she had no emotions left in her. Silenced by her cold words I glued my eyes to the words on my English literature guide. My efforts to concentrate were useless and I decided that if I am to sit next to her for the next two years I may as well try to get along with her. "Do I at least get to know your name?" My voice shook as regret started seeping into my brain. Why didn't I just stay quiet? What if she's a crazy person? Sometimes I find it hard to ignore when someone doesn't like me...Pathetic I know. To my surprise she briefly looked at me as if she was analysing me. "Spencer" a small smile appeared on my face as I cracked slightly into her clearly hard shell. "Well Spencer" I put my hand out signalling for a handshake "It's nice to meet you" my smile altered when her hand pushed mine onto the desk lightly. A gasp left my mouth. Wow she's cold. Ice cold. "We'll see" she muttered before putting her focus on writing in her notebook. Taking the hint I reverted my eyes to my book, blankly staring at the words. The professor turned her back and I cautiously took my book that I was reading on the bus and placed it in between the pages of my English lit guide to disguise the fact I wasn't studying. One more glance at the mysterious stranger next to me and there still wasn't a single emotion on her face, just a blank stare as her hand scribbled letter in her notebook. Well...This is going to be a fun two years.

Hey guys, to get to the juicy bits carry on reading it you won't regret it! Is Spencer going to be a problem? A significant character? Or am I just making your mind stray? Read more to find out
Love
Sophie x