The Great Hairscape

June's pov 

"Poppy, Sky, Vi, I revised your runway looks. Ready, set, your welcome." Jade said and showed her their runway hair and makeup looks. 

"Legendary! You think you can add retro curls to my look? Ooh, and bangs!" Poppy asked. 

"This is so cool Jade, but I still don't think the hair works with my runway look." Skyler said. 

"I know last time I said I wanted a shaved side, I was wrong. This look, so not me." Violet said. 

"Wait, you want me to redo these again?" Jade asked. 

"Yeah. Sorry, but it's no big deal, right?" Skyler asked. 

"I guess not, I just wanted you to love these looks. I worked crazy hard on them." Jade said sadly. She walked away. Me and Bella followed her. 

"Jade, wait." Bella said. 

"Everyone's feeling pressure for runway to be perfect." I said. 

"Don't be sad." Bella said. We entered another classroom. 

"Letting our group down is not me. I haven't even done your looks yet, B and J." Jade said. Sunny entered the classroom. 

"What about my look?" Sunny asked. 

"Nope. Not yours, not Ruby's, not mine." Jade answered. 

"Okay, maybe we need to chillax a little bit with our feedback." Bella said. Everyone else entered the classroom. 

"But everyone gives me notes on our fashion sketches too." Skylar said. 

"Sure, but if we fall behind, we're toast." Ruby said. 

"Ahem, looks like I picked the right day to meet my advisory group face to face." Ms. Morton said. 

"Ms. Morton!" Skyler said. 

"You're here!" Jade said.  

"It's nice to finally meet you!" Violet said. 

"How was fashion week?" I asked. 

"Can you tell us everything?" Bella asked.

"Afraid not, I'm leaving you here to take a study hall, while I work out the best way to help you. As Ms. Anderson aptly said, "Without teamwork, you're all toast"." Ms. Morton said. She exited the classroom. 

No one's pov

Bella knocked on Jade's door. 

"Jade. Please come out." Bella said. 

"She needs to low key chill. If I lost it over every comment on The Vi Life, I'd never post again." Violet said from the couch. 

"Jade probably just crashed. It's late." Ruby said. All the lights turned off. 

"Woah!" Ruby said. 

"What's going on?" Violet asked. 

"What happened?" Ruby asked. Jade opened the door. 

"Blackout!" Jade said. Avery opened the door, surprising them all. 

"Wrong. Prefect drop in. Ms. Morton sent me. She has plans for you." Avery said. She held upp blindfolds. 

June's pov

"Let's go, first years!" Ainsley said. 

"Listen up! This salon is now an escape room. Your mission? Work together, follow the clues, and find the key to get out." Avery explained while Ainsley took the blindfolds off of us. Avery and Ainsley left the classroom. 

"Yes! I love escape rooms! My 10th, 11th, and 13th birthday parties were all in escape rooms." Sunny said. 

"Sunny and Vi, super escape artists. I'm all over filming this." Violet said. Violet took her phone out. "No! Low battery! Everybody, start the escape room without me. I'm gonna find a charger. You look for clues." Violet said. We began to search for clues. 

"Look look look, I found a note! "Be the rainbow. The strength of your group is the mirror of your success". Okay, let's see. Thinky face." Sunny said.

"Wait! Mirror of your success. Should we check the mirror?" Skylar asked. She and I pulled the mirror opened. 

"VROY IG BOIO RZAV AD?" Sunny asked reading the letters. 

"Maybe it's an eye chart! Vraggy boy ziels- still nothing." Poppy said. 

"I found something. Look!" I said holding up a yellow comb. Sunny took the comb.

"It's a clue! And, if I know escape rooms, which I do-" Sunny said. She put it on the wall in the yellow slot. 

"Puzzle piece combs! That is tight. Let's look for more." Ruby said. We searched around the studio. We found a comb each. We headed over to the wall. 

"Three, two, one, go!" Sunny said. We pressed the combs into their places. Certain letters of the assortment light up. 

"Score! We got letters." Poppy said. 

"And the combination lock is glowing too!" Skyler said. 

"The letters have to be the combination! June, read them off." Bella sid. 

"R, O, Y, G, B, I, V." I read. 

"Hold up, that's red orange yellow green blue indigo violet! The colors of the rainbow!" Jade said. Bella opened the doors to a closet. In the closet were supplies. 

"Pinch me, B! I think I'm in hair heaven." Jade said. 

"Me too! Or, I will be if you'd say you'll do my hair?" Bella said. 

"I'm next!" Violet said. 

"Will you do mine?" Skyler asked. 

"You guys like my looks now?" Jade asked. 

"Now? Always." Violet said. 

"But you were all so judgy during runway." Jade said. 

"It's just a big project. Sorry if we were too harsh." Skyler said. 

"Nah, I feel you. Thanks. So, we making our big escape or what?" Jade asked. 

"How about we forget that and let you give us all makeovers instead." Bella asked. 

"Okay, pick your colors and hold on tight, cause it's gonna be a killer night." Jade said. Jade gave us all new looks. 

"We. Are. Everything!" Violet said. 

"Thanks. I've got you guys." Jade said. 

"We know." Skyler said. 

"Practice on us anytime." I said. Ms. Morton entered the room. 

"Ms. Hunter gave you makeovers instead of escaping. That is a bold choice ladies." Ms. Morton said. We all shared nervous looks. "A bold choice I'm sure you made as a team. Good work. I hope you got some sleep, first period's in five minutes!" Ms. Morton said and left the room. We all ran out the door.