CHAPTER 21

"The soul is stronger than its surroundings

"The soul is stronger than its surroundings." — William James

A/N Beginning of chapter continues with the last chapter! Towards the end of the chapter it is a month later and Amelia is four months pregnant

"JJ PLEASE DON'T tell me you guys are seriously considering allowing Aaron to do something like this."

"Amelia, he's unit chief, frankly he can do whatever he wants. We really have to complete this case."

"I know I just, I don't want him out there so soon. He won't listen to me." Amelia shook her head wiping the tears that began falling. "Being here is already scary enough."

JJ went to speak before she paused noticing Aaron in the doorway. "JJ, I need to have a moment alone with my wife."

JJ nodded moving out of the room quickly.

"Amelia-"

Before Amelia interrupted him. "Aaron, I know how stubborn you are. You almost died and you still want to find who's responsible. I shouldn't keep you from doing your job I just-"

"Amelia honey." Aaron placed his hands on her arms causing her to look him in the eyes. "I won't work the case anymore if you don't want me too."

"Aaron that's-"

"Honey, I won't work the case."

"Aaron that's not like you."

Aaron nodded. "I know." He paused. "But I understand your point. I won't work the case if you don't want me too."

Amelia shook her head. "I don't want you too Aaron." She sighed.

"But your team needs you to. And so do the people involved with the case." She placed a hand on his face. "You have to promise you'll try and stay safer. You haven't even fully recovered, hell you haven't even recovered."

He nodded causing Amelia to give him a scolding look. "I promise."

"The quicker you guys finish the case the quicker I get to take you home so you can recover. No more cases until you're ninety percent."

Aaron gave her a small smile. "Hey I'm not smiling I'm serious."

"I got it." He spoke.