CHAPTER 22

"Forever is composed of nows

"Forever is composed of nows." — Emily Dickinson

6 months pregnant

"AARON!" AMELIA YELLED from down the stairs.

"Aaron!"

"I'm coming!" Aaron responded back leaving their bedroom quickly as he rushed downstairs. He paused as he noticed Amelia crying. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?" He walked up to her placing a hand on her shoulder.

Amelia was stood tears falling from her eyes feverishly. "Honey, are you okay do you-" Aaron sighed as he looked to the ground, she had dropped her ice cream.

"Oh honey, is it because you dropped your ice cream?"

Amelia nodded as Aaron frowned pulling her in for a hug. "I can't even bend down to pick it up." She whined in his shirt.

Frankly her yells had scared the life out of him so Aaron was currently stood in only in a pair of sweatpants and one of his T-shirt's.

"I know honey, I'm sorry." He rubbed her back softly trying to soothe her tears. "You wanna sit down?" He suggested, he knew she hated being on her feet for too long.

Aaron led her to the couch sitting down before pulling her into his lap. "You know you can't do this forever, I'm getting bigger." Amelia spoke sniffing.

"You're not getting bigger." Amelia rolled her eyes placing one of his hands on her stomach. "I beg to differ."

Aaron cracked a small smile as he planted a kiss to her forehead. "That's not you, it's our baby."

The sentence alone was enough to get Amelia to crack a small smile.

"You feel a little better?" Aaron asked her continuing to rub her back.

Amelia nodded. Leaning back into Aaron's hold. "Can you massage my feet? Before bed?" She asked him. It was only around 5. Aaron had come back from a case earlier that morning.

Aaron nodded placing another kiss on her face this time on her cheek. "If it makes you feel better babe."

Amelia got up from his lap moving to sit next to him before he began fixing up pillows behind her so she could lay down. Before handing her the remote. "I'm going to finish getting changed and I'll meet you down here, okay?" Amelia sighed an okay as Aaron turned away from her.