Unlucky day

''AARGGHHH!!!!''

That was the response Eve gave when she lost for the thirteenth time while playing a game with Javelin. San Diego, who was sitting on the bed, seemed to be exclaiming with excitement after seeing Javelin win for the thirteenth time. Eve scowled as she threw the gamepad she was using onto the bed. Leaving San Diego to play.

''You're so limp,'' Javelin opened the conversation while starting a new game with Diego. "What's wrong?" he asked. His eyes focused on the TV screen.

''I'm being punished.

''Punished? By your quiet leader?''

''Who else would it be? Eve chuckled. While recalling the unpleasant punishment given by Mason this afternoon. Hot air, hot asphalt, then being told to do push-ups on it. It was really unpleasant.

''But you're really good.'' Javelin said. Still focused on the screen. ''Under those circumstances you can do push-ups. If it were me, even five wouldn't make it....''

''Especially me.'' Sandy said. ''I won again!

''Which part is great? 

--

Eve then excused herself from Javelin's dormitory. Leaving the two loli destroyers who were still playing the console in their room. Even so, she was quite happy that someone wanted to talk to her. Shee also did not expect that the girl who looked so young and short in her eyes was a destroyer weighing 2,370 tons in the second world war.

She had been struggling to find someone to talk to. The squadron commander she actually admired was a quiet person, Noelle sometimes couldn't keep her words harsh enough, Morgan? She didn't fit in either. So she thought maybe Javelin was the right person to talk to.

"Hey, Miss Eve..." someone hollered from behind. Turns out it was Honolulu.

"What's up?" Evelyn turned back, giving Honolulu a once-over. Honolulu then freaked when he caught the vibe in Evelyn's eyes and chickened out.

"P...please don't give me that look..."

"Huh? What's your deal?"

Do I really look that intimidating?

"Mm... Commander Yorktown wants to see you in her crib," Honolulu spilled the purpose of Eve's summoning. Eve was caught off guard for a sec. Called in again by the one person she can't stand. She thought. Then she sighed.

''Alright, i'll be station in minutes.''

--

 There she is, posted up, staring down the one person she can't stand in this whole dang base. All those nasty memories come flooding back like some messed-up movie reel. The beatdowns, the drama — it's all there, playing on repeat. She shoots Yorktown a death stare, but Yorktown's too busy grinding away at those reports to even notice.

"Got something to say to me, or you just wasting my time here?" Evelyn fires off, her patience wearing thin from all of Yorktown's nonsense. Yorktown gives no respond.

''Okay, I'm going.'' Evelyn made a move to leave the room. But then, was held back by Yorktown's voice calling out to her again. With the emotion she had been holding back, she turned around again. The look on Yorktown's calm face greatly upset Eve.

''What else do you want, great and noble Commander Yorktown?'' asked Eve in an exasperated and mocking tone.

''Whatever you want to call me. I have a task for you.'' she said as she then stood up and faced Eve who looked a little shorter than her. ''Can you look after Enterprise for a while?''