★ 2: The honeymoon pt.1 🍯

-BRAAAAAAANCH - Screamed Poppy. I was having such a great sleep.

-What has happened, Poppy?

-WE'RE GONNA MISS THE FLIGHT! - She stood up and grabbed the luggage, and then she started dressing up.

-What flight?

-We have to go to classical music country! And then to rock, funk, techno, country,... - Her stress was almost contagious, and being honest, I didn't want to start the day stressed.

-Poppy, calm down. We're gonna have time to take the flight.

-Branch, we don't have time. The gates are open in half an hour.

-Fuck.

I jumped off the bed and I dressed up too, for then also grab my luggage and leaving the hotel.

Fortunately we weren't too far away from the airport, so walking it could take ten minutes, running five.
We literally speed ran all the airport security till we arrived to our gate door. But something was off. There was no one in the gate door.

Then a message sounds all over the airport: "Dear travelers, we are sorry to announce that the flight 123-A has been cancelled. You can claim your tickets back at the information center."
Poppy was petrified.

-Branch, that was our flight. What are we gonna do now?

-Don't worry about it, we'll think about it later. Now, we must go to the information center so we can have our money back.

That's what we did, and after they returned our money I saw something that caught  my attention.
It was a little shop with a giant purple letter that it said "Getting Lost". Without many hopes, we entered the store, which was not very big. A troll was ready to explain to us what was about "Getting Lost"

-Hello adventures! Are you willing to explore a new place without knowing where are you going? - Informed the troll, who was very enthusiastic.

-Oh hi! We were here just out of curiosity, we don't know what to do because our flight has been cancelled. - I don't know how Poppy could sound so happy after having the biggest mental breakdown of her life. Plus we were about to say goodbye to our honeymoon due to the cancelled flight.

-Well, you are in the right place! With a very low price we will send you to a random country of the world! - I wasn't catching up the concept at all, but my wife seemed very interested in this.

-That sounds sooooo great! Two tickets please! - Poppy, always so impulsive.

-Hehe... sorry but, may I talk to my wife? It's our honeymoon, so... - The little guy interrupted me.

-Oh, your honeymoon... I've got the right place for you. - He grabbed one paper and then he gave it to us. - Answer the test and I'll assign you one of our flights that will be opening its gates in an hour!

I took a look to the test, and had really weird questions, for example;
If you had to name a company, what of these names would you choose?
A) money yeah
B) we're the best company in the world
C) Rainbow cupcakes

What sort of joke was this? Anyway, we answered the test and gave it to the troll who was assisting us. After a while, he printed two tickets and gave them to us.

-Here are the tickets! You won't know where are you gonna go until you arrive. Have a nice honeymoon!

-Thanks, good man! Have a nice weekend! - Said Poppy while we said goodbye to that troll who literally saved our honeymoon.

     *・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

An hour has passed and the gates of that totally random flight were open. I couldn't stop thinking in what place we were going to land, that made me feel like I was actually in an adventure. I guess that probably the cancelled flight was the best thing that has happened to us.

Poppy and I looked at each other and she giggled a bit.

-OH MY GOD BRANCH I AM SO EXCITEEEED! - She was doing mini jumps in her seat. - I think I am going to SIIIIING!

I sighed - Go ahead.

Poppy stood up and started singing and dancing. Then I stood up too and sang with her, for then somehow all the passengers in the plane joined too.
I was having so much fun until I saw where we landed.

We landed in fucking Mount Rageous, the place where my brother was kidnapped. Anyway, there's nothing we could do about it, so I decided that the only thing that I could do is having fun and enjoying the time with my wife.

We went to another hotel, and when we got there, I sat on the bed, thinking about everything that has happened to me in my life.

-Are you okay, Branchifer?

-Yeah... just remembering things...

I was about to cry, but Poppy noticed this and hugged me. I couldn't have a better partner.

-It's ok... You've been through a lot of rough things. - She said that softly, like a marshmallow. - You deserve to be happy.

-But I am happy, and Floyd is safe, my brothers returned and I've overcome the trauma I had with singing. -Poppy looked at me, waiting for me to reveal my feelings. - I don't know why, but lately I've been, like sensitive, it's hard to explain.

-Don't think more about it, let's go to sleep. Tomorrow will be a great day.

My worries were gone, because I know that if I am with her everything will be fine.

Poppy kissed me again and turned the lights off, showing a perfect picture of me and her hugging, immersed in a deep sleep.