Chapter 5: Game

Dachi walks Yaoguang out of class as the hallway fills with students. Yaoguang doesn't say anything as Dachi walks her to the tennis courts. He looks around before letting go of Yaoguang's hand.

Dachi turns to her: Yaoguang, I'm sorry but I will not let her make up rumors about you.

Before Yaoguang could respond, Dachi got a notification on his phone, then another, and another. Yaoguang's phone starts going off as well.

They both open their phones and someone from the classroom had posted the video of Dachi confirming their relationship. In the comments, there were people that supported them and thought it was cute while there were some that dislike Yaoguang being with the handsome Dachi.

Yaoguang starts reading the hate comments out loud.

"No one can be with Dachi. She does not deserve him."

"It should've been me. Maybe he's dating her because she is paying him. She's rich. Yuck!"

"She's nearly the same size as him. How embarrassing."

"Her face is asymmetrical."

Yaoguang scrunches her face: Why! This little-!

Dachi takes her phone off her hand: Don't listen to them.

Nearby, they hear cellphones clicking. Some students found them and were taking pictures.

Another post pops on their phone. Dachi looks at his phone. It was them from just a moment ago.

The caption: "Found the school's cutest couple! Wu Yaoguang X Chi Dayong <3"

Dachi: Come on, let's get out of here.

*****

In the tennis clubhouse, Huang Jing and Ma Xiuwen plays the video to some of the team members.

As the video ends with Dachi walking out with Yaoguang, Jiale dramatically gasps.

Jiale: When did Dachi get in a relationship with Yaoguang?

Just then, Dachi walks through the door and holds it open for Yaoguang to walk through. Everyone in the clubhouse turns their head to Dachi and Yaoguang.

Ma Xiuwen takes off his glasses and quickly cleans it before putting it back on: Senior Dachi, your video is blowing up.

Dachi: That's why I'm here. There was nowhere we could go. Students keep taking pictures of us.

*CLICK

Qiao Chen's phone gives a quick flash. He is at the head of the table with an apple half-bitten in his mouth.

Qiao Chen starts typing on his phone as he speaks out loud: "Chi Dayong holding the door for his princess." Post.

Yaoguang: Don't be delusional. Why are you posting?

Qiao Chen: Oh, Senior Sis, I'm just buying publicity for the tennis team.

Huang Jing leans over Qiao Chen's shoulder and looks at the post: You're a genius!

Baiyang: That's the first time anyone has ever said that.

Qiao Chen scowls: Well no one has ever said that about YOU, beefcake.

Baiyang just shakes his head and continues stretching.

Huang Jing: Yu Qing has been doing so well but we can never get out student section packed. If students fan over your relationship then perhaps they will come watch the next match. We can put Xingyao's student section to shame.