Meeting at sunset 🟨

KIARA'S POV

I'm getting too anxious, it's 15min. I walk back and forth to the beach, I know everything will be fine but what if it wasn't, what if JJ only did what he did because he had to? I really hope I didn't screw up...

JJ'S POV

I hope she understood that that kiss wasn't just out of Sarah's obligation but that I would have done it anyway, probably under other circumstances and without everyone around, but I would have done it anyway. Ready "Wish me luck!" I shout at Jhon B before leaving, I didn't hear the answer, but I think he simply said "I told you she liked you too!", so I go, take the motorbike and leave.

KIARA'S POV

I hear his motorbike in the distance, or at least I think it's his. after a few minutes the confirmation arrives that I was right, it was him, he arrived. I didn't think he would dress well, I know it's not his style, but he's beautiful. I hide the blush that flares up and move closer. When I'm near him I feel like kissing him, I look down and notice his slightly unbuttoned shirt, I immediately look away, I don't want him to see me; I hug him, I have butterflies in my stomach, I wish this moment would never end.

JJ'S POV

As soon as I get to the beach I see her. That blue dress fits her divinely and, as always, she is so beautiful that I am enchanted, I stop staring at her as soon as I see her coming towards me. Up close she is even more beautiful - how I would like to kiss her - I think, but then I decide to simply hug her and I think she too preferred this to a kiss. I'm starting to get butterflies in my stomach. I pull away, as much as I wish I could hug her longer I'm afraid of the consequences that could arise.

KIARA'S POV

When we break away, our faces are so close that our noses touch. "JJ" I say "Kie" he replies with a great deal of embarrassment "I like you JJ, I like you so much" we get closer again, and again, our lips touch and then nothing, he moves away "Kie I.. I'm sorry but... I can't, you know how I am.." then I reply "Yes, yes I know how you are, as soon as someone approaches you you panic, you no longer understand anything and you walk away..." I am aware of having said it with a good dose of sadness, also because when I look at JJ he has tears in his eyes, so I hasten to add "JJ, don't worry" I say touching his right arm "I know what you are like, you know that I like you and I know that you like me, but I don't want to force you, I'm not going to lose you because of this. Trust me, until we're both ready, nothing will happen between us. Ok?" I say hoping to reassure him and succeeding "Kie, I really like you too, and I don't want to lose you either, and I'm afraid that if I move away, I'll lose you" a tear escapes his eyes, I feel guilty and so I tell him "JJ, don't worry, I'll I know. Now come here, let's walk a bit and eat something like two great friends, okay?" "It's always Kie, you don't even have to ask."

JJ'S POV

When we were about to kiss before I went haywire, I feel stupid, I wasted the greatest opportunity of my life, I just hope another one comes; in the meantime we are walking, when she finishes talking something comes to mind "Come with me" I say looking at her beautiful eyes that make me shiver every time they land on mine "JJ, where do you want to go?" I don't want to tell him, not now "Do you trust me?" the answer doesn't take long to arrive "Blindly", I take her hand more firmly and we run, we run until we lose our breath.

KIARA'S POV

Honestly, I'm a little afraid of where he wants to take me, but I told him that I trust him, and I really trust him, so I run next to him without thinking about the pain in my legs or the now exhausted breath; I run without even thinking about stopping. After 15 minutes of running we stop. I know perfectly well where we are, it's one of the highest rocks in the OBX. There is a fantastic view, JJ smiles and I get lost in his eyes turned to the sky, which reflect the light of the setting sun "Wow" I say without taking my gaze away from his eyes, as soon as he turns I pretend to be looking at the sky in turn "Yeah, wow. This is one of my favorite places here in the OBX, I come here every day, to think, to be alone for a bit. Nobody ever comes here." he says it normally but I notice the sadness in his voice and his still wet eyes "Do you want to talk about it?"

JJ'S POV

"About what" Kiara's question was unexpected "About why you are so sad today" "Ah, about this" I reply wondering how much attention he must have paid to my tone of voice to understand that something was wrong "Kie me. .." but she doesn't even let me finish "No excuses JJ, just tell me what's happening" then I look at her to see if she's serious and yes, yes she is "Oky Kie, it's just that I came home the other day, my father was there, but he was stoned and drunk as shit, he started chasing me around the OBX and..."I stop and look back at Kiara, her eyes are wide open and her mouth is open in a little O, that fucking mouth, now it could be mine, it could be attached to mine and instead I was a coward, the only thing that brings me back to earth is Kiara telling me "and then.." so I continue the story "and then we arrived here , I couldn't keep running away so he grabbed me by the neck, lifted me off the ground and took me not far from the end of the rock, telling me that I was shit as a son, that he couldn't stand me and that he would have preferred me to be dead, I manage to throw him a punch before he, in all likelihood, drops me, I get up and run away, as far away from him as possible." I realized that I said this last sentence with a slightly broken voice, I know that Kiara also realized it very well when, with tears streaming down her face, she hugs me, I hug her back, letting a tear escape. . - fuck she definitely noticed - and in fact it is like this, she breaks away and rests her forehead on my "Kiara" I force myself to say "Maybe... well maybe..." I don't need to finish the sentence, she understands immediately and kisses me, kisses me as if she wasn't expecting anything else, I reciprocate without thinking twice, I put one hand on the back of her neck and one on her hip, she starts playing with my hair and I try to take another step forward by asking with the tongue to enter, she doesn't even hesitate for a second and lets me enter. We continue like this for 5 minutes, then we stop. Kie looks at the time and says "Fuck it's late! I have to go home!" "No problem" I say "I'll take you" she looks at me and says "Thank you, thank you for everything JJ, I love you" and we hug and then leave and get on the motorbike.