Ch. I: The Mysterious Girl

It was yet another pile of letters that occupied the entire surface of King Christopher's table. The old king could only read the letters counting threats to him and the people of the United Kingdom. Sitting on the opposite side of the table was the commander of the British Army, General Harris Kingsley.

"Your majesty, we have to do something." General Kingsley states.

"What do you want me to do, General Kingsley? Go and tell all my people about the threat that has been for told by letters?" The king replied and he picked few up and dropped them down while walking to and fro. "I'll figure something out, you may leave."

"Have a good day, your majesty."

General Kingsley left the king's room and while the latter sat down on the chair he heard a strange sound coming from outside the door.

"General Kingsley is there a problem?" The king asked. He received no answer. "Harris?"

The door suddenly opened slightly and in came a fifteen to sixteen year old girl with short black hair, not even reaching her shoulders, with wispy bangs and blue eyes. Her hair, not soaked but it was wet. Her structure was just a skeleton wrapped with skin. But the courage she had to enter the room of the king without his permission indeed suprising. She wore a black cape which covered her clothes.

The ribbons which held the cape together were thin enough that the king could see a blue pendent in her neck and her collar bones clearly visible.

"Who are you and how did you get in!?" The king rose up.

The girl stayed silent.

"You're here to kill me, aren't you?"

"If I wanted to do that I would have already done so." She replied in a medival accent. King Christopher couldn't decide whether he should concentrate more on what she said or on the fact that her accent belonged to the medival times.

"Who are you?" He asked again.

"Wrong question." She answered.

"This isn't the way anyone must speak to the king!"

"I've been more sassy and sarcastic to the king I knew." She said sternly. "He's never one an argument against me."

"Than will you, a high-schooler, tell me, the king, what to do and what to ask?"

"By this point I don't think anything else is gonna work."

"You have a lot of courage."

"Many don't appreciate it."

"Count me in with those people."

"Neither you or I have time left to waste on these arguments. Gosh! Please tell me not all of Britain's kings have the same mentality."

"My mother was queen before me and you're too young that you lived to see the previous king."

"That's something you'll never understand." She smirked. "Now before you began another trial I'd like to make one thing very clear to you; what will happen in the days that follow will be the darkest of Britain's days."

King Christopher had enough of trouble for one day that he could hear a prophecy of like this.

"Guards!" He yelled and three of his body guards, and his eldest son, Prince Walter, came in.

"What's the matter, papa?" The prince asked.

"Get this intruder out from my sight!" The king instructed.

"Papa, there's no one here other than us."

"Can't you see this girl standing right beside you, Walter!?"

"You're majesty, there's no one else here but the five of us." One of the body guards replied.

"How can this be possible, she's standing there, to your right, Walter, infront of me and facing her back towards you, Jerold."

"Papa, there's seriously no one here. Apart from us, there's no one." Walter said and approached his father. "Papa, you must take rest. All these letters and the future of the people. It's too much load."

During his son's approach to him the king sighed and looked down but when he looked back up he saw that the mysterious girl had suddenly disappeared from there. King Christopher was even more terrified now.

"Where did she go!?" He yelled out. "What you three are standing there? Go look for her!"

The poor body guards had to obey the king and dispite not knowing whom and what ti look for, they went out of the room and in different directions. Sometime later the eight year old daughter of Prince Walter and Princess Caroline, Princess Celine, came in holding a book in her hand. They had two more sons; the oldest of the three, Prince Granville and the youngest of the three, Prince Liam.

"What's the matter, grandpa?" She asked.

"Nothing, darling." Her father answered, "Grandpa just has a rough day and needs rest."

"I can read you a story if you want, grandpa."

"No thank you, Celine."

"I'm sure it will make you feel better. And it's your favourite, The Tales of King Arthur. I picked it out as I knew you would love it."

"Alright, since you're insisting." The king agreed.

Later that evening when the king was up and returned to his table for his normal duties, his eyes fell on the letters that were kept in the shelves. He decided to take another break and went out in the garden and his body guards followed him.

When he was about to go back in he heard the same sound he heard before that mystry girl came in. He turned around and saw the girl, in her same attire, standing few feet behind him.

"The tales you heard will come true." She said.

A sudden gust of wind blew and the king had to cover his eyes. When he opened them the girl was gone.

"Who is this mysterious girl who come and goes, how and where, nobody knows." The king sighed.

"You're majesty." Jerold said, "Any problem?"

"I don't know whether your eyes have betrayed you or my mind has turned against me. That only I can see that girl!"

The king proceeded back in the palace and in his room and all he could do the rest of the day was to think about the strange events of today.