Ch. III: Dark Times Are Near

The next day there was a great worry in the country of The United Kingdom as the weather had turned bad all of a sudden and the meteorological department couldn't explain it. The king was even more tensed as he remembered what that girl had told him the day before.

But he decided to ignore the red flags of yesterday and continue his royal duties and proceeded to the theatre hall, where he was invited as the chief guest. Accompanying him was his second wife, Queen Claire and his family.

Strange events occurred during the interval of the show. The king needed refreshments so he went out with his body guards. He felt someone following them and he turned around and saw a boy.

He somewhat resembled the girl, slightly curly black hair in faux hawk haircut, a slight mustache, little hair on his chin and the same blue eyes. He was slim and wore a formal suit just like all the rest and he also looked like a fifteen to sixteen year old.

When the king turned around the boy bent down to pick up a lady's dropped handkerchief and the king saw that in the boy's neck was the very same blue pendent. He increased his pace towards the king and suddenly the lights went out and a situation of panick occurred. King Christopher felt that someone was running and pulling him along with whoever was running.

"The weather is a sign." A boy's voice spoke up. "When will you start to understand! Do you want to lose everything?"

"No." King Christopher replied but soon let go of the boy when the lights came back. The boy stopped running, turned around and looked at the king. "What is there that you try to say?!"

"Dark times are coming."

"Those are all myths!"

"Myths are simply truths we've forgotten."

"How do I save my people."

"He is coming to save him people."

The lights went out and came back within a second but the boy vanished in that time. King Christopher's body guards found him in the corridor and came up to him and took him back to his family.

During the trip back to Buckingham Palace the cars king Christopher scratched him head even more thinking more about what the girl and the boy tried to warn him about. And who was that 'He' that the boy said would come to save him people and from whom.

"Grandpa?" Prince Liam asked, "What are you thinking of?"

"Nothing, Liam. Just about the weather, it's terrible." King Christopher replied.

"Yeah, the weather is bad." Liam agreed. "I wonder how the people in the old days managed."

"What do you mean?" Princess Caroline asked her son.

"Like the times of King Arthur, where did they have cars to save them from the rain."

"King Arthur!" King Christopher spoke up suddenly which drew his family's attention from Prince Liam to himself. "That's it!"

"Grandpa? What happened about King Arthur." Prince Granville asked.

The king kept quiet but the moment they reached Buckingham Palace he set out again for Westminster Abbey and when he reached there. Telling his body guards to wait outside a secret door he went in. There was nothing in particular but a glass case which had something contained it in.

It was the lead cross that marked the grave of King Arthur.

Kinf Christopher stood infront of it. What nobody except the kind knew was the King Arthur Pendragon was real, and this cross did mark his grave. But all what was left was this cross, the bones were lost and it passed down to him from his mother and she got it from her father. Only the monarchs could enter and know about the cross.

Because is King Arthur was real, so was all the stories and legends associated with him, even his prophesied return during Britain's darkest times.

"You made my work easy." King Christopher turned around and saw the boy standing behind him. He looked happy at the fact that he found the cross that Viviane wanted.
"I'll just take the cross."

There was darkness for the next three seconds and when the lights came back the cross was gone. As was the boy.

Sometime later miles away and on the Isle of Tintagel, within the ruins of the medival fortification stood, the boy waited there as if someone was supposed to come. There were tourist groups in the area along with their guides and in that crowd he stood. The sound of the waves hitting the shores and the children running around and couples clicking pictures of themselves all made him look around even more.

About ten minutes later Viviane came there covering her sliver hair with a cap and she wore jeans and a skirt to mix with the crowd. She also looked confused at whom to go to but the boy came up to her.

"Viviane." The boy said making her suprised at the fact that she didn't know him but he knew her name.

"I've never met you but how do you know my name?" She asked him.

"It's me."

Viviane was still confused.

He pulled the zip of his jacket down just enough that she could see the blue pendent in his neck.

"Oh my gosh! M-"

"Don't say my name." He instructed her.

"I....ah.... didn't know that you had two forms."

"I'm much more than that."

"You have more?"

"Just one more."

"Anyways why did you call me here? We met yesterday."

"I had a promise to keep." He said and pulled out the lead cross from his pocket and showed it to her. She was surprised and filled with joy.

"I wasn't expecting that."

"We both said promise but the difference is I didn't lie."

"Oh you still hold a grudge against that? Please it's been thousand five hundred years. If I hadn't done that you would've been dead."

"As if I'm very much alive."

He gave her the cross and she kept it in her pocket.

"I need a favour from you." The boy spoke.

"Sure, what?" Viviane asked.