Ch. IV: Three As One

The two days that followed weren't supernatural, as if the storm had calmed down but the silence before the storm is even more dangerous. If King Christopher was not wrong, Britain's darkest times are on their way. He spent the whole morning in his room thinking about his next move while his family worried about him.

"I fail to understand what's wrong with him." Queen Claire, King Christopher's second wife, stated.

"So am I." Prince Walter added. "Papa looks very worried."

Prince Granville overheard the conversation and decided to do something to help his grandpa out of this troubled situation. He went and gathered his siblings to his room.

"Sometime is bothering grandpa and we have to help him."

"What can we do?" Princess Celine asked.

While the older two discussed, Prince Liam quietly left the room and proceeded to the garden, while walking towards the door he felt something wrong with the weather again. He climbed the sofa and looked out of the window to find the sky changing its colour from light blue to drak grey. The winds picked up speed and violently shook everything in its way.

The light of the sun wasn't enough to penetrate through the clouds and people began to run under trees and shops for cover.

"Not this rain again." The young prince sighed.

"Prince Liam." The children's nanny, Miss Julie Brown, saw his on the sofa and. "It's not time to go outside yet and with this weather, it's a no."

"Miss Brown, can I just have a look?" Prince Liam asked her.

"I'm afraid the weather is too terrible."

"Why always when I want to go out?"

"It's alright, there's always another time."

Meanwhile in his room the king forgot that it was lunchtime and still countinued to think about the future. There came a knock on the door and without turning around the king gave the permission to enter thinking it was his family or one of the servants.

"Your majesty." A voice spoke. The king was unfamiliar with this voice and turned around to see a boy standing by the slightly opened door.

The boy was fifteen to sixteen years old, black hair in Ivy League haircut, blue eyes and wore a shirt which covered his arms and neck but the king could make out there was something hanging around his neck. His eyebrows were almost joined in the centre and he was lean and tall.

"Who are you?" The king asked. "And how did you get in?"

"I have honestly no time for this again." He said and opened the top button of his shirt which revealed the very same blue pendent that the first boy and girl had worn. "Don't you scream. We three and one and the same."

"I am the king, I give orders!"

The boy closed the door and walked towards the king and stopped few feet infront of him. The king didn't know if  he was a friend or a foe.

"I mean no harm to you." He said. "Infact, I'm here to help you prepare for the days that follow."

"Oh please give me a break! My mind is driven crazy about these legends and what not."

"If you take a break now, you have no reason to resume."

"What do you mean?"

"Just this, take your family and the head of the armed forces, gather them together and explain to them what I am going to tell you."

The king listened carefully.

"Britain will be attacked by the living dead, don't ask me any questions, to save you from this dark times shall come King Arthur Pendragon."

"So he is real."

"Why else do you think his legends passed down fifteen centuries? One thousand and five hundred years later he shall come back."

The boy left the room and the king followed him but after few corridors he lost track of him but while he climbed down the stairs he saw the girl walking towards one of the corridors. The same girl who met him the first time and warned him about the dark times.

King Christopher left the plan of going down stairs and followed her. He followed her till the narrow passage which had two live size mirrors on both the walls. When she stood there, between the two mirrors, the king was dumbstruck when he saw what he saw.

The girl turned towards the king and in her right hand side mirror the king saw the reflection of the boy who stole the lead cross and in the left hand side mirror he saw the reflection of the boy he saw few minutes ago.

"You three are one." The king stated.

"Yes we are and now we have somewhere else to be." The girl transformed into the boy in the left mirror and disappeared from there. He teleported outside Buckingham Palace and hoped on a bus going away from the place.

He sat down on a seat and took a deep breath and fixed his hair.

"What to, lad?" Another passenger asked him.

"South Cadbury." He answered.

He got there at night and immediately teleported on the top of the mountain. There he stood and looked in all the directions and sighed.

"The mighty castle that once stood here, now is burried under this." He stomped his foot on the grass. At that moment Viviane arrived there and was captivated by seeing her friend's new form.

"I'm trying so hard not to fall for you." She laughed.

"That is disgusting! Please!"

"What! You look cute."

"This is my original form. I gained immortality at age nineteen."

"You look like you're fifteen."

"Not my fault my face didn't change."

"So that old man who roamed everywhere with Arthur thousand five hundred years ago was?"

"That? It was just a form I created. I didn't want all the girls falling for me."

"I wonder how Arthur would react."

"We're about to find out."

"Wait, what about those other two forms of yours? The girl and the boy?"

"Those are my parents when they were fifteen years old."

"Oh."