[ Headaches & Worse ]

Rewrote a majority of this story because I was just informed that Luna is Draco and Delia's cousin by all means technically, so uhh-

You're getting DeliaxHermione instead!! :D

~-----~

Draco swears that he's never felt a worse headache than the one he's currently experiencing. It's throbbing, chipping his sanity and patience away with every passing second. It's fortunate that the headache occasionally comes and goes but when its presence is made, Draco has to suffer through the ache of it all.

The headache's name? Harry fucking Potter.

The Boy Saviour, the One who Lived, the very reason for Draco's inner turmoil.

Draco remembers vividly knowing about Harry, years before they actually met in that unfortunate meeting in the robe shop.

He was 7 years old at the time, not too young to be considered immature, but not too old enough to be considered of age. Back then, the only worries on little Draco's mind was keeping Delia out of trouble and his broomstick lessons. Back then, Draco had less things to worry about, less things to dwell upon and less things to be scared of. Back then, he was simply Draco and Delia was simply Delia.

Neither of them were nothing more than that.

He remembers looking through his book, a book of infamous people in the wizarding world. It was the latest edition and Draco had to beg and plead his mother to buy it for him when it was released. He got it, hardcover, signed and all and was more than content to be sitting in his bedroom, reading it.

Draco flipped through the pages, skipping those he already read and knew and took time to read the newer additions in the book. That's when he sees it; a page dedicated to a young child who presumably defeated the Dark Lord.

Little Draco was at an age where he didn't know who the Dark Lord was, didn't know just how deeply involved he was going to be in the future. No, all little Draco knew was that he fell in love in an instant.

There was a picture of the Boy who Lived; one of him when he was an infant, and another one which looked to be taken fairly recently, albeit terribly. It seemed to be like a candid shot, done from a distance, but the camera still somehow manages to capture the beauty of the boy who lived.

Stuck-up black hair that would've earned a lecture from his mother, striking green eyes that Draco could drown in, beautiful dark skin that would've been a stark contrast to Draco's paler complexion and a scar that struck down half of his face, depicting a gruesome scene. And yet little Draco was enamoured. The boy was stunning, gorgeous and his heart soared at the picture.

Delia finds him later, trying to figure out how to copy the picture onto an empty scroll, not wanting to harm his new book. (She helps him with it, both of them finally figuring it out after a few test runs on some old books Delia had. It was one of the last few times the twins truly hung out before their father separated them.)

The little crush he had when he was a child didn't go away and Draco finds himself hoarding everything that had to do with Harry Potter. He bought books with the boy's name in it, discreetly bought items that praised Harry Potter's existence. For Merlin's sake, he even wrote a fucking letter to Santa asking to finally meet the boy of his dreams!

The crush got worse when school started and Harry Potter rejected his offering for friendship. Draco cried for hours during the night, writing several letters to Delia via his owl. He got some back from his sister, all of them saying how she would've knocked some sense into Harry had she been there. It briefly brings a smile to Draco's face before he breaks down into tears again.