Ishan (Actual Real Life Fave)

Cowards die many times before their
deaths; the valiant never taste of
death but once. ~Julius Caesar

Apparently, a lot. Ishan had asked earlier that day what the worst that could happen might possibly be and there, trapped in a corner with no escape and no defense— his sword had been knocked away— he thought he might soon find out.

His opponent was getting closer, but Ishan got nowhere. There are no openings! He thought to himself, angered by his lack of choices. He scanned his opponent. Then, he saw it. An opening. Small, easily fixable on the opponent's part, but Ishan prayed to all the gods he wouldn't realize until it was too late.

He walked with a limp on his left side, meaning by the time he reached Ishan, by the time he could do any damage, Ishan could slip back behind and still have enough time to grab his sword. It was risky, and he could end up dead, but Ishan was no coward. He was not afraid of death, such as so many others seemed to be.

"Here goes nothing," he breathed, and slid under the opponents right arm, grabbing his own sword as Ishan's enemy swung his, missing Ishan's head by a fraction of an inch. It was exhilarating, to say the least, and Ishan loved the feeling of the adrenaline running through his veins as he swept his sword down low, tripping his charging opponent.

The other man dropped his sword, and landed face first on the ground, cutting his ankles deep into Ishan's sword as he did so. Ishan looked to the cheering crowds, walked over to the man, and stopped, kicking his sword away.

"Here," Ishan said, offering the man a hand, which he took with a scowl on his face. Once he realized Ishan meant no harm to his image, which was now already ruined from the loss, he lifted their arms together, proclaiming Ishan the winner.

Once he left the Colosseum entirely, he found Jade, looking worried, outside.

"What's wrong?" he asked, in a hushed tone so as not to come across as rude or disingenuous.

Jade looked up, noticing Ishan seemingly for the first time.

"Oh, nothing, I'm sorry." she said with a small smile, waving her hand in dismissal of the question.

Ishan didn't believe her.

"No," he pressed, "you seem stressed. Tell me what's going on, I bet I'll understand."

Jade scoffed. "You'll understand? Fine! An ancient prophecy has come to light where you, I, and another participant must go on a dangerous quest, possibly getting ourselves murdered."

"Uh..." Ishan started, confused. "I think I got..." Ishan started counting on his fingers, and held up a seven, saying, "half of that?"

Jade laughed, and Ishan smiled, despite hearing the words 'dangerous', 'quest', and 'murdered'.

"Alright, alright, you win." she said, and Ishan thought to himself absently, well yeah, didn't you see me back there?

Jade starts slowly, cautiously. "There has been a prophecy, and it forces the two of us, along with Neptune's son," Jade paused, waiting for Ishan's reaction, but none came, so she continued. "where we must save Helius before he fades away."

Ishan nodded, comprehending almost nothing. Then once he did, he ran back into the Colosseum, and grabbed his knife, stuck it in the tear of his sole, grabbed his sword, and ran back outside.

"When do we leave?" Ishan asked, and Jade replied with a smirk.

"As soon as our friend comes back from the ocean." Jade responded, and Ishan realizes she is talking about the Emperor's old child, Neptune's real son. He doesn't let that get to him though, and he mirrors Jade's expression.

"Well, maybe we should set his little talk with his father short, then." Ishan suggested, and glanced at the docks.

"Good idea. Come back soon, though, if you can't find him by tomorrow, I'll be with your father. I can't have one of my many responsibilities getting himself lost."

Ishan rolled his eyes. "I won't get lost, I swear."

"On Styx?" Jade asked, and Ishan realized by the way she was looking at him that this was a test.

"Maybe not on Styx," he said, rubbing his neck.

"Good. Just," Jade stopped, and turned to him quickly.

"Yeah?"

"Never mind. But leave your sword with me. You have your dagger, right?"

"Right," Ishan confirms, handing her his sword and sandals, taking his dagger out of the sole.

"Good. Remember, back by morning."

"Got it." Ishan says with a nod, and runs for the docks, diving into the water with a splash.