Round and round we go

Both women are preparing for their meet up. Edith rushed through her routine so she would have even more time to sit and mentally prepare. Diane on the other hand chose the method of distraction, sorting through her meal plan for the week and getting that all done before getting ready about two hours before she had to leave.

Edith waited until the last minute to leave the house, mostly being held up by Cate asking her a million questions. "Where are you going?" she asks her daughter, "to get tea" Edith answers. "With whom? If I may ask" Cate inquires funnily and it causes a smile to break out on the younger girl's face. "With Diane" she answered truthfully and Cate smirks internally but doesn't mention it, sending her off.

The pair arrive almost simultaneously and Edith spots Diane first. The younger woman takes a deep breath before getting out her car and waiting for the brunette. They greet each other briefly before walking up, Diane holding the door for the other woman. Upon entering, Edith is hit with the delectable smells of various brews and pastries that make her mouth water.

She hears laughing and glances over to see a group of women who she instantly recognizes to be lesbians. Her gaydar as they call it is rather spot on and her assumption is proven as one of them locks eyes with her. The brunette stranger, who looks oddly familiar, looks her up and down before smiling warmly which causes Edith to look away shyly. Diane picks up on the interaction but keeps her thoughts to herself, trying not to make a big deal of it.

The pair are third in line, which gives them both time to browse the expansive menu. Edith feels overwhelmed with all the choices, seeing so many intriguing options. Some of the items she's heard of, or has been wanting to try, and others just sound appealing. Diane's eyes scan the menu but she already knows what she's going to get as she's been here plenty of times; she just didn't want to intimidate the younger woman.

Her hand finds itself on Edith's lower back to usher the woman forward after realizing she didn't notice the line moving. Edie smiles softly at Diane before turning her attention back to the menu, nibbling on her bottom lip. Finally they've arrived to the counter and Diane orders first, the younger woman still being unsure of her choice. It's now her turn and she still struggles to make a decision.

"A lot of options, hm?" the woman at the counter prompts and the younger woman simply nods, feeling embarrassed. "What do you usually like? I could recommend you something" she offers, Edith glances at her name tag which reads Marina and she tilts her head. She thinks it's a pretty name and then realizes she has yet to reply. "Umm I typically go for chai or matcha? I'm don't really drink coffee" she mumbles and Marina nods as she thinks, squinting her eyes a bit and subtly checking the younger woman out.

It's clearly not subtle enough as Diane picks up on it. She wants to wrap her arm around your waist, let them all know that you're hers, expect she remembers that you're not. "I think I have the perfect thing for you. I make an amazing cinnamon toast flavored coffee—I know you say you don't drink it but I promise you... you'll like it when I make it" Marina smirks and Edith swallows a lump in her throat.

Something about the woman's voice and mannerisms are so sultry it takes the younger off guard. "O-ok" she stutters and though she thinks it's stupid, both Marina and Diane find it adorable. "Are you sure? You explicitly said you don't drink coffee" Diane speaks up, afraid that the younger woman is just agreeing to be polite. "No it's fine... I'll try it" Edith says, her eyes never leaving Marina's as the woman stares her down intensely.

The younger woman has never felt anything like this before and it's confusing her. It's not that she's attracted to the other brunette per se, more so how a moth is attracted to a flame. Marina has a luring quality that Edith finds to be almost dangerous yet exciting. "You know what? Just in case you don't like it, it's on the house" Marina says, clearing the order before the other woman can protest.