🌹Chapter 17🌹

Arabella's POV:

Happiness! That's the only word that comes to my mind now. It's been a month since Jacob and I have been working on our friendship...and I couldn't be happier!

Each day when he's home from work...we talk to each other and we even watch movies together or read stories together. It's like my dream come true! I couldn't have asked for anything more.

I don't even do housework anymore! Well except for cooking. I remember how angry Jacob got to see me cooking...but I had to explain myself by saying that cooking is my passion. He eventually allowed me to cook...and he even gifted me my own little cafe!

I even found myself.... falling more in love with him! I'll wait for him to feel the same way....even if it's forever!

"Madam...could I have that chocolate chip cookie please...my daughter loves it!" I smile as I look down to the lady and her cute little daughter. I pack the cookie and hand it over to them with a smile. "Here you go!" The little girl immediately claps her hands.

As I look around....my eyes stop at a familiar face. "I've seen this man somewhere before!" I try to think where exactly I saw him...but soon I avert my gaze....as he was approaching me.

"Mr Maranzano's wife huh?" I immediately just nod my head.... trying to avoid the awkwardness. "Owner to this beautiful cafe. Did he gift it to you?"

Why is he asking such weird questions. Just then I remember who he is! He is that guy...named Charlie. He saved me....that day when Dad....was making me apologize to Jacob in front of the whole village.

I decide to brush my negative thoughts away and continue working. "Wow....I must say...Jacob is really a snake! He changed his skin so fast! Oops...I meant he changed his colors!" I immediately get offended. I know Jacob was a bad person before ...but who is this man to judge!

" Mister...with all due respect...you are nobody to speak badly about my husband....so please stop!"

The man's face saddens for a while....and then he masks his emotions up as quickly as it appeared.
"All I'm saying is....don't be blinded by your love...Jacob may seem like he changed....but don't trust him...I made the same mistake!"

Just then fear filled my heart. Could whatever he is saying be true? But Jacob changed drastically. He did not have to give me my own business and so much of his time!

"Arabella...come on we getting late... Charlie what are you doing here!" Just then I turned and saw Jacob behind me... looking absolutely furious.

"I see you've changed a lot! As expected! YOU ARE SUCH A SNAKE JACOB! You are betraying her!"

I immediately get confused. Why is it affecting this guy so much! Who is he in the first place?

Jacob's POV:

"Get in the car Arabella... I'll be there soon!" And with that... Arabella instantly nodded and left.

"What are you doing here Charlie? Are you trying to turn my wife against me?"
He just smiles at me sadly. I know I'm a bad person....but I can change...right?

"Jacob....I know you so well! You'd never change! Never ever! You will keep betraying and using everyone in order to get what you want! But you know what.....no matter what... you'll never become king of the underworld. I'll make sure you never succeed in everything you do!"

My world beneath my feet collapse. I've never heard Charlie sound so serious in my whole life!

"You killed my wife....just to get yourself to be mafia king right? Now you'll use your own wife for a heir....but I'll make sure it never works! Goodbye...for now"

I watch him as he walks away. Nobody believes that a person can change. I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO PROVE IT TO THEM!

_______________________________________

End of chapter 17🌹