Topic Two: Instagram.

Instagram was a place where you could post pictures that typically were a part of your everyday life or from a big event.

Three years after its launch, it added a chat feature, where you could talk and make connections with the people you know.

Instagram now has multiple features like shopping, stories, reels, Etc...

Sadly, Instagram is not the same as it was thirteen years ago...

There are cyberbullies, Pedophiles, creeps, scammers, and more.

That's just from the chat feature.

On other features you could get scammed, you could see something not meant for your eyes, and worst of all, you could get groomed by somebody online.

This is topic two of, Social Media: The One Thing Destroying Your Mental Health.

________________________________________________________________________________

Let's first talk about the comment section on your normal everyday Insta Reel/post.

Most of the time you'll see comments like, 'Bro crusty AF' or 'Get off Insta you're too young' or 'she looks like Lord Farquad if he was a woman.'

That, my friends, is called cyberbullying, the one thing you do online that could hurt someone else's feelings.

Why do you do that though instead of doing it to their face?

You do it behind the screen because nobody knows who you are behind it. Thus, making you think it's okay to say that.

One click of a button, and you unintentionally hurt someone's feelings without even knowing it.

I honestly have seen more hate comments on Instagram, than on any other platform I've ever been on.

And that is a way you could ruin someone's mental health.

The second thing that I want to talk about is the shopping feature on Instagram.

A place where you buy things from other people/creators online.

Have you ever been scammed before?

If you have, it must've been from buying something online.

It's rare you get scammed when you buy something in real life but still possible, but that's not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about online shopping.

When shopping online, your chances of getting scammed are 46% and identity theft 21.5%.

It may not be common, but it isn't rare.

It is also way higher than it was in 2016. 

Instagram has a shop function which as I said, is a place where you buy things from creators who are selling them.

You need to watch out though, and check if that account really is trying to sell it, and if they have the item.

If you get scammed, you can report the account on Instagram and try to get your money back.

It isn't guaranteed that you'll get your money back, so beware of scammers when shopping online!!

The third thing I want to talk about is the chat feature on Instagram.

The chat feature on Instagram, is the most dangerous feature on that app for various reasons.

Recently though, Instagram added a feature to the chat function where you have to send an invite to chat before you can talk to someone.

I can see why they did that.

The chat feature, as I said is the most dangerous function to exist.

You could get groomed, scammed, kidnapped, cyberbullied, and more.

Basically, everything I talked about and will talk about in the fourth paragraph of this essay.

That's why Instagram added the invite to chat feature.

If you were to get a DM (Direct Message), what would you do?

You would probably ignore it.

Now, if that same person greeted you with their age intact and they were around your age, would you still ignore it?

If you said yes, I'm not surprised...

That's because you're trusting that that person really is around your age, who you don't know anything about...

That person could be a grown adult and you wouldn't suspect it until they ask to meet up with you.

That could really put you into serious trouble, but not with the police.

If you don't do it when you don't know their age, don't do it if you do.

Only ever talk to somebody you personally know!

The fourth and last thing I want to talk about is posting.

It's the same thing with TikTok.

You get horrible, negative, inappropriate, immature content on all platforms.

When you see that content, it could become addictive to watch and you won't be able to stop watching it.

Pornography can and will be found on all platforms, even inside wattpad books.

You need to be careful with what you see, and make sure it doesn't become addictive.

If it becomes addictive, you could get into serious trouble, and the police could end up getting involved with that stuff.

Nobody wants to see you fully undressed, or in underwear.

That is disgusting, and revolting to watch, so why do it anyway when you know the police could end up getting involved?

If you like that stuff, touch grass and throw away your phone, it's not worth getting the police involved.

________________________________________________________________________________

That is why Instagram is not safe for your mental, and/or physical health.

Stay tuned for tomorrow, while we cover the most dangerous app on social media of all time.

And make sure to like, and comment.

Goodbye!