Topic three: Snapchat

Snapchat...

A place where you can make friends with just about anyone online, even strangers.

A huge red flag when you put it a certain way.

Snapchat is the most dangerous app for many reasons--though I'm only listing three--and it would be dumb not to consider these reasons.

Sadly, though, most people don't.

DISCLAIMER!!! I AM NOT TELLING YOU THAT YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE THESE APPS, IM NOT TRYING TO BE YOUR PARENT IM JUST TRYING TO HELP KEEP YOU SAFE FROM POTENTIAL DANGER!!!
______________________________________

The first reason why snapchat is dangerous is because it's the #1 place where most predators deem successful in kidnapping, abducting, or grooming a minor--usually 14-17 years of age--

That makes it dangerous for anyone who lets themselves talk to strangers online.

As I said, you should only talk to people you personally know for your own safety, whether it's an influencer you enjoy watching or just a stranger in general. You don't know that person's actual personality behind the screen.

The utter fact, that people will ask you for your snap first and not your number, proves that snapchat could potentially be very dangerous for you or for your siblings, friends and/or children--if you're an adult with kids reading this--

The second reason why snapchat is bad for you is because of cynerbullying, yet again.

Nobody likes being bullied, and it's worse when you're cyberbullied.

Even though you can report said cynerbully, the MODS on basically any app neglect the victim who reported said bully.

Sometimes, cyberbullying can lead to the victim committing suicide, even though they don't know who's really bullying them behind the screen.

Maybe you should think before getting onto your phone and bullying someone online.

The third and final reason I'm listing about why snapchat is dangerous is because of the amount of disgusting pictures you or someone you know could send(although that probably isn't possible).

These pictures are called Sexts.

Even though I haven't heard stories about people being sent nudes, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Sexts can be used to persuade you into sexting yourself where your pictures can be sold for someone else's profit.

Or they could be used to get you into trouble with your parents or the authorities depending on how bad it is.
______________________________________

These are the reasons why my mom won't even let me use snapchat anymore. I'm sad about it, but im glad she considered my protection even though she isn't the best mom, verbal-wise. Thank you for reading this book, I hope you take these into consideration for your safety, mental, and physical.

So until next time,
-Your friend but not friend, HailsdaWabbit

Goodbye :)