Chapter 53

Hollywood Babylon

I sat next to Dean on the tour bus as it drove through a large movie set town. His hand was on my thigh, prompting Lady to chew on his sleeve. He still didn't like her very much. Sam sat a row ahead of us. A younger boy sat on Dean's other side. 

"First opened in 1927," the tour guide said, "the lot has been in continuous operation for eight decades."

"Hey, you know this is where they filmed Creepshow?" Dean asked the little boy that sat next to him as he shook Lady off of his arm. She curled up in my lap. 

The boy looked utterly unimpressed.

"Now to the right is Stars Hollow." The guide continued. "It's the setting for the television series Gilmore Girls. And if we're lucky, we might even catch one of the show stars." 

"Oh, I love that show. There's this one character who looks almost exactly like Sa--" I began.

"Come on." Sam said suddenly, hopping off of the bus. 

"Let's finish the tour." Dean argued. He sighed, stepping off after I did. 

We continued through the large area, moving between sets and large trucks. 

"Sam, check it out, it's Matt Damon." Dean smiled, pointing as he set his other hand on my waist. 

"Yeah, pretty sure that's not Matt Damon."

"No, it is." Dean said seriously. 

"Can you two not have another petty argument?" I asked. 

"Who argued for an entire two and a half hours over a dog?" Sam asked.

"Dean wants to get rid of her. I refuse. The argument was valid." 

"Anyway, Matt Damon just picked up a broom and started sweeping." Sam pointed out.

"Well, he's probably researching for a role or something." Dean said. 

"Uh, I don't think so." Sam replied. "Hey, this way. Uh, I think Stage 9's over here." He veered off to the left. 

"Come on, man. Let's keep going this way." Dean pointed the opposite direction. 

"No, come on. We gotta work." Sam stated. 

"Sam, we don't need to work this much. It's all we do. Work, work, work. Let's have some fun." I said. 

Dean sighed. 

"Dude, you two wanted to come to L.A." Sam pointed out. 

"Yeah, for vacation." Dean stated. 

"Yeah, I was hoping for beaches and palm trees and walking around movie sets or fun. Not a ghost hunt." I said. 

"Exactly. Swimming pools, movie stars. Not to work." Dean added. 

"Does this seem like swimming pool or beach weather to either of you?" Sam gestured to the cloudy sky and the light rain falling. "I mean, it's practically Canadian."

"They have indoor swimming pools at hotels, thank you very much." I stated. 

"You know, I just figured after everything that happened with....Madison, you could use a little R and R." Dean shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, maybe I wanna work, Dean. Maybe it keeps my mind off things." Sam said. 

"Okay, okay. All right. So this crew guy, what did he--? He died on set?" Dean asked. 

"You know, I think we're surrounded by too much death. I think we need more life in our...life." I said. 

"And how do your propose we get that?" Dean asked.