Chapter 21 - International Break

"I'll be here when you get back," Leah said to me as I threw my last few things into my bag. She'd stayed over last night, and before you ask, nothing happened. I have a six-year-old in the house remember? It's kind of hard to hide from him. She was sitting on the foot of my bed watching as I pulled out a few more hoodies and another jacket to place in my bag. I was going to Australia first but then we were heading over to Uzbekistan for the first leg of the qualifiers, in other words, it would be freezing.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared of taking this offer. There are next to no physios who work for both club and country because it's just too much of a commitment and way too much work, but seeing more players who are as hard-worked as the Australians could pose for a very good element in my dissertation. Don't worry I'm not forgetting that I'm going to help.

I was rather stressed with the travel, 'the flying tin can', and having to leave Gabe behind again. If I knew just how much I'd be leaving my son I might have stayed in Australia or at least never have come to Arsenal. "Three weeks," I kept reminding him but in reality, he didn't have much concept of time. To him, three weeks could go by in the blink of an eye or take an eternity. I promised him that I'd call every night, or every morning and make sure that Noah knew everything he needed - which the blonde already did.

Leah had made her way over to me cupping my face and pulling me into her chest. She placed a kiss on the top of my head and swayed back and forth as she hugged me. I would put everything on hold for Gabe, but I don't think I could ever put her on hold.

"PJ," Leah said as she pulled my head back to look at her. "Quit stressing, you should be excited."

"I am," I replied hoping my tone was convincing enough.

"PJ?" she asked.

"That's my name, you've said it twice."

Her gaze shifted slightly while she was still looking at me. Leah guided my hands to her waist as she always did and placed her hands on my chest with her fingers on my collarbone - my favourite thing in the world. I thought that was it but then she began to lean in. My first instinct wasn't to lean in too, it was just not to lean away, not to chicken out, not to turn her away as if I didn't want her because I do. I do want Leah.

She shut her eyes and I naturally did the same as I impatiently waited for the contact of her lips on my own. When it finally happened I didn't know what I was expecting but it was everything and more. I saw stars, I didn't see sparks I saw twinkling stars. It was a movie kiss, soft, gentle, loving. It was slow and I didn't make any effort to speed it up.

The blonde went to pull away but I pulled her back in by her waist holding her tighter than before which made her come back to my lips. Where I'd found this extra confidence, I'd never know, but I did know that the girl I was falling for had her lips on mine and wasn't planning on removing them anytime soon.

All good moments must come to an end though, and sadly that was when we heard little footsteps trailing down the hallway. I began to smile into the kiss causing Leah to pull away as she also recognised the light tapping that was rapidly approaching. I expected a nice slow entry from the six-year-old but they always find a way to surprise you, so when the bedroom door came flying open I didn't know what to say.

"Gabe," I said as he stormed in.

"Sorry," he whispered realising just how fast he'd opened the door.

Leah and I were still side-hugging at this point with the blonde's head resting on my shoulder. I didn't know how Gabe would react to this but it wasn't going to be long before we found out.

"Hi Gabe," said Leah wanting to make sure he'd realised that she was in fact in the room with the pair of us.

"Hi Leah," he replied. "Why are you two hugging?"