The Lackey and The Captain

[In another universe, prior to the main timeline and universe of Honkai Impact 3rd.]

The Imaginary Tree,
A being that creates life, and the very origin of it. One of its "leaves" or a world that was created by the world tree, has failed to persist. That led to it falling to the vast sea that rivals the world tree, The Sea of Quanta.

In this bubble universe, the world has fallen. Destruction and flames just covered the ground, the broken debris on the buildings. The Honkai had taken over, which wasn't supposed to happen.

The Valkyries who are guardians failed with their captains to bring peace in which said, honkai war.

The end came, and it will come once more.

-----------------------------

The Helios Ship
A second generation creation of the Hyperion. Helios is being occupied by a veteran captain, Athena.
She has amazing grades, good physical rate, and superior leadership.

Athena was sent out by New Schicksal. Their mission was to scout the world. To update what's happening, so that the headquarters can make a plan to retake the world from the Herrscher of The End.

"Captain, we're reaching land."

A woman with red hair that looked like flames, had entered the bridge.

[Captain on bridge]

"Captain, Morning!"

"Great day Captain"

Several greetings from the crew, it was clear that the charisma she held was astonishing. She was a respected captain of Helios.

"Send a scouting drone"

"Roger"

One of the navigators had ejected a scout drone, to check this land if it was truly safe to explore.

She crossed her arms and looked at the video feed that the drone was projecting, seeing the clouds clear up bit by bit. Only to form another abandoned city, broken down buildings and moss covered every part of the way.

"No honkai energy?"

"Yes, and the city is Nagazora."

Athena's face frowned, she felt like a heavy weight in her heart. Telling her something feels wrong in that place.
But for the sake of humanity, she knows this is something she needs to do.

"Prepare to land."

Athena didn't believe about not having any honkai beasts lurking in an abandoned city.
The Captain has given her orders and so the crew had followed her.

In the engine room, a boy who was doing nothing more than chores and repairs was greeted by one of the engineers of the ship.

Three of them had seen the pitiful state of the boy. In their eyes, they felt arrogant, prideful and thus belittling him without hesitation. Abused him to what they want, and they even gave him a nickname.

"The Lackey"

Despite that, he tried his best to make sure he earns his keep. That's his only motivation, to be alive at all cost. His name is Ren, a failed novice who was supposed to be captain.

No remarkable skills, no amazing feats, nor anything special about him. Plain and weak, Ren was nothing more than a lackey to those deemed important of the ship.

"Getting beaten up for no reason again?"

Ren turned around to see Athena, leaning on the wall.

"What are you even doing here? This is the low level"