The Mark of The Void Part I

"Ren, do you want to be strong?"

"Of course! I want to be strong so that I can protect you!"

"Is that so? Mom's really happy to hear that."

A face that reflects angel beauty, her smile was so bright that it burns the darkness that surrounded the boy. The boy struggled but he had his family. Even without blood relation. He had someone to cling on.

But that was cut off when the flames burned down the things he loved. The things he held precious.

When war broke and innocents were dead, he stood by and saw his only family dead, with the last words given to him.

"Run, and don't look back"

With that memories, Ren always bear that pain in his heart. It was his motivation to keep living, to fight. As any other survivors of the third war. Yet he failed, he couldn't become captain like Athena nor did he have the capability to become a Knight of Schicksal.

Again, he failed. Again and again and again. He failed.

He's stuck. Like always.

-----------------------------

"Huh?! Are you telling me the reason Ren wasn't able to use honkai energy even with this rate of honkai adaptability. Is because of his fucking blood?!"

"Yeah, when you said his name. I was sure it was familiar."

Theresa said as she placed files of Ren that had been recorded during his time at the academy.

"Still it doesn't make sense. Sure his blood held him back on being part of the front lines but how come he wasn't able to pass the exams and become captain?"

Theresa looked at her and sighed once again.

"Well aside from not being sure if the possiblity of being corrupted by honkai energy, since we don't really understand him. I don't really understand why he wasn't accepted. But maybe he didn't pass as you think"

"Bull shit. I was with him during crisis. He has a steady alert reaction, doesn't hesitate to make decisions, and he has enough knowledge about the things captain encounters. Even if he doesn't become a Knight, he could become captain"

"Calm down, calm down"

Jessica sighed in frustration, sitting on the couch. Ren was failed because he was irregular than most. But it doesn't mean, he isn't capable.

"Alright, aside from the academy possibly interfering with his results, and his anti-honkai blood. It's probably because he has some connection with The Herrscher of The Void"

"WHAT?! HOW?!"

"I SAID CALM DOWN,FUXK!"

Theresa who was surprised by Jessica's reaction made her swear and even censored it.

"One of possiblities is that the reason his blood is able to eat honkai energy is because small "holes" have been sucking them off."

"Are you telling me, that Ren our handyman, has black holes in his blood. Making him immune at some point? No way"

"I don't believe it either, so convince the guy to test himself. Also, good work on the vials. I'm tired, need rest"

Theresa lay herself on the table and sighed in relief after reviewing and receiving so much information.

"Rest my ass, you just wanna play around"

"Wha-"

-----------------------------