Ouroboros

"GAHHHH!!!!!!"

Ren's arm flew off and he couldn't even notice the attacker.

"Weak....weak as always."

Blood drips from the attacker's sword. He looked back at the injured Ren, screaming in pain as blood continued to splatter from his right arm.

"Failure will always be a failure"

-----------------------------

Fifteen hours ago.

"Ren, come here I need to test your blood in case those black holes have been getting bigger. Who knows maybe this time it's your organs that will be sucked off"

Jessica said as she was writing notes of her latest research.

Ren who was just finished working out, panting and sweating. He looked at Jessica and had a worried face.

"Don't say things like that-"

"And if the honkai energy gets bigger, you become"

Jessica then held her waist in a feminine way with a smirk on her face.

"Stop! Stop I get it!"

Jessica let out a big laugh as she heads out of the training room.
Meanwhile, Ren started wipe his sweat and change shirts. He went to the cafeteria to see Bella eating a large amount of food.

"Uwah..."

"Ren, want some?"

Bella offered a burger with ketchup on her lips. Ren took some tissue and wiped it, taking the burger.

"Thanks"

Ren who was thinking of the great cost of using possible immeasurable power. This power doesn't belong to him. He was merely created as a vessel. That's his purpose in this story. A holder and to give to the rightful owner.

"I'm scared."

Bella who gave heard his words stayed silent.

"To realize that my life purpose is to be nothing more than a holder of something that doesn't belong to me. I wished to be useful to this godforsaken world. To give vengeance to the ones I loved. But to be created with lies and deception. How can I not be scared of what's to come?"

Ren's hand shoke from anxiety and fear.

"It's okay to be scared. You've been pushed something you never asked for. Nothing wrong with being scared, if you weren't. You'd be nothing but a monster in its own way"

Bella patted Ren's head.

"Right now, you have yourself, you have me, and you have companions that have your back."

Theresa then came in with melon juice in her hands.

"In two days, we'll set off and begin our mission. So either rest or train, either way you have to be prepared."

As she said those, she also took some burgers then went to the exit.

"Ah, Miss Theresa, is Athena okay?"

Theresa then averted her eyes as to think of a proper way to explain Athena's status as of today to Ren in a way he wouldn't worry.

"I'll just say, the procedure was a success, she'll be fine in a few days and another day then she'll be able to be on duty again"

Ren smiled, relieved to know that Athena was doing okay.

"Thank you!"

Theresa waved goodbye and she left.