chapter 31

Iona's POV

Me and Dave was walking up my father's drive-way to his door. His driver was still here so I know he's home. the dumbass just doesn't want to pick up the phone.

His guards let me and Dave inside with question only a quick hello in response.

Dave returned it with a small smile and I just went ahead without saying a word, yes rude. But that is the least of my worries right now. I opened the door to my father's office without knocking and I see him sipping a glass of white wine and reading a book.

I narrowed my eyes at him and cleared my throat, he turned to look at me with a raised brow before he set his book down, "is there something you need Iona?"

I scoffed, "you don't answer my calls for days, I get shot at a club all the way in fucking Hawaii, which you didn't even say anything about. oh and millions of our cash we have gathered together, key word our, you don't even comment on??"

Hector leaned back in his seat and chuckled, "really? I haven't heard anything of this"

I looked at him with deeply furrowed brows, my face putting on confusion now, "what do you mean you haven't heard anything of this? not even a little bit of it?"

Hector shrugged, "I don't lie" He said simply. leaning back in his chair. Before he the processed what I said and sat up immediately "Millions?!" He yelled his brows deeply furrowing. 

"I don't lie" I said copying his words and he scowled at me before quickly getting up to go look at some files that had important information on it I guess. "millions of dollars! just burned o the fucking ground?!" He yelled out more quickly looking through his files draw. 

He muttered every cuss word possible lowly in German while me and Dave just watch silently. "do you even know who did this?He growled out, "of courseI answered simply, "well?! spit it out!" He said hurriedly, "it was your beloved sons" Father stopped his hurried state ad he turned to me slowly.

 "Asher and Atticus?" he murmured, he then looked down at me with angry eyes, "they would never! why are you even accusing your brothers of such a thing?! get the hell out of my office Iona!" He bellowed. 

I looked over to Dave and he was already opening the door for me for us both to leave. I just scoffed and left my father's office. 

"so that was something" Dave sighed out, I ran a hand through my hair as Dave talked, "what are we going to do now?" I grumbled, "well first I need to find out how the hell he didn't know about any of this, some of his own workers might be working for my brothers" Dave nodded, "and as for him not believing you?" I shrugged, "that was his own ignorance"

Me and Dave both made it out of his house and Dave opened the car door for me and waited for me to get inside and strapped in safely before closing the door and getting into the driver's seat. 

I looked down at my apple watch, 12:32. I sighed. it was only the afternoon The sun was still up in this hot weather. 

I was about to look out the window when I saw a ping of a new message

(Bold Egypt)

"can we talk? please" 

I closed my phone and turned to Dave. 

"where to now?" Dave asked pulling out of his drive-way. I sighed, "my house" I answered simply. Dave nodded and he drove out of my father's neighborhood.