Ch 20

I must have fell asleep on the walk back. I looked around for a moment before realizing that I was in my room. Soft snores were heard; I glanced to them. It was Mick, and he was out cold. I stood and got out of bed, not caring what time it was. I wondered into the common room. Spy and Ludwig were playing chess. "Hey guys." They looked over to me. "You no longer have a tracking device in you." I nodded to Ludwig. "Thank you." I pulled up a chair to watch their game. "Battles will resume when the Blu team gets a new medic." I nodded. That makes since. "There's food in fridge." I smiled to Ludwig and stood up to get something to eat; "How is Mick holding up?" They were quiet. "He's keeping it to himself isn't he?" One of them just hummed at me to say yes. Their game must be pretty intense. I grabbed a container of food. "Fair warning Demo cooked." I just shrugged to Spy. As long as I don't know what it is it will be good; apparently. I poked at it with a fork before putting it in the microwave for a few minuets. I sat down at the bar and began to eat. Soon the silence was broken by rushed foot steps into the room. I looked over to see Mick out of breath. I watched as he let out a sigh and relaxed. He was not taking the whole situation well. I wasn't either to be fair. I just smiled to him and continued eating. He walked over and sat next to me. "Why didn't you wake me?" I set my fork down; "You looked peaceful for the first time in weeks." He rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah, I suppose so." I watched as he leaned over the counter and rested his head on his arm. "When the van is back in one piece we'll stay there, that way I don't have to go too far for food." He sighed in relief. "Engie should have it finished tomorrow." I nodded and slid my plate over to him. He grabbed it and began shoveling food into his mouth. "You've been with me the entire time haven't you?" He nodded to me and set the now empty plate aside. "It's kind of anxiety educing to leave you alone."

"Yeah." I let out a sigh and leaned onto him. "We should probably go back to bed." I sighed and got up. Mick followed shortly after and we walked back to the room.

We didn't get much more sleep. Solly made sure of that. "When is our next battle! I wanna kick these commie butts!" Me and Mick let out sighs and began getting out of bed. As we walked into the common room we saw him yelling at Jeremy. "Look they don't have a medic; so no battle. Miss Pauling will tell us when they get a medic."

"That is not good enough! They do not need a medic! They are suppose to loose!" I walked over to the kitchen area. "So, how long is he going to be up tight about this?" Mick who had followed me over piped up; "Until the next battle." I let out a sigh. "Heavy heard that they are having hard time finding medic. They have found sharpshooter though." That piqued my interest; "Oh really? Things just got a little more interesting."

"They shouldn't be too much of a problem." I nodded in agreement with Mick. "Yeah, they have to go through the same growing pains that we did." Misha nodded to us. "As long as Heavy keeps suppression fire over sharpshooter all will be good." I thought for a moment. "I would be more concerned about the solider." Heavy nodded; "Da, that is good point. Heavy will have more distractions than what is normal." He handed me and Mick a plate of food. we both kind of picked at is since we ate a few hours earlier. I let out a sigh; "I think I get Solly, we really could use a distraction from all this boredom." I took a few bites off of my plate and headed out side.

I saw Del working on Mick's camper. It seemed that he was putting the finishing touches on it. "Hey, Del!" I trotted over to him after he waved. "He sweetie; just about done with this thing." I poked my head inside of the camper. "Looks good."

"The two of you are free to move in tonight. Unless you need a break from sharing a bed." I let out a sigh and leaned against the van. "Unfortunately that won't happen for a while. It seems that we're all a little more affected that we thought." I chuckled to myself; "Though I'm glad to not be sleeping with sentry guns." Del scoffed at my comment; the beeping is how you know you're safe." I rolled my eyes; "Yeah, I'm sure you get use to it after awhile." I heard Del laugh. "Been hearing it all my life. " I wasn't about to pry. "Anyways, I'm done here." I smiled; "Just need Pyro to christen it with a drawing." I turned and walked back inside.

Pyro wasn't to hard to find; just look for fire. "Hey buddy, want to draw something for me and Mick?" He through his arms up into the air and shouted some before running off to my room. I quickly followed him and pulled out my art supplies for him. He got busy drawing while I packed some clothes into a bag to leave in the van. "Oi, roo." I looked to the door and Mick. "Van done?" I nodded to him; "Well, gotta wait on Pyro; he's making something for us." I listened as he let out a few noises before turning to the two of us going 'Hurph durph'; which I guess translates into ta-da. I grabbed the picture from him. "Thank you Pyro, it looks good!" He turned from me and went back to drawing. I guess I should be a little more like him now and just enjoy things. I smiled and followed Mick out to the camper.

I watched as Mick threw the door open; "Bloody hell is it good to be back home!" I dropped my bag on one of the dinette seats. It had been a while since we had been in here together. It was a tight squeeze. "Who put a ladder here?" I looked over to where the bed was. A ladder had been added; it was nice to know Del was thinking about me. I watched as Mick just pulled himself up into the bed. "I kind of need that ladder." His head snapped to me and we looked at each other for a moment. "Right." I watched as he got comfortable. "I'm going to take a nap. Wake me up if anything interesting happens." I just rolled my eyes at him before climbing up into the bed, hitting my head in the process. "Yeah, that'll take some getting use to." I decided that I no longer wanted to lay down and slid back down the ladder. "I'm going to find something to do." I turned and walked out of the camper, which was a mistake. "The blu team has found a medic!" I covered my eyes and Solly ran by ass naked and covered in honey. I slipped back into the camper hopefully going unnoticed. "Why is he naked and covered in honey?... I am going to need so much bleach for my brain and eyes." I turned to walk to the dinette and a loud bang came to the door. "They have a new medic! Battles start tomorrow! Maggot!" Mick kind of sat up and looked at me. "I am not opening that door... We heard you Jane." In one brief moment the door was ripped off of it's hinges. "Oi mate! I just got that fixed!"

"Do not come in here all naked and covered in honey! Some of us do not want to see that!" I heard the door get tossed away. "Maggots!" Mick let out a sigh and climbed off of the bed. "I am absolutely not turning around." I heard him step out of the camper and pick the door up. "He's gone for now, roo." I turned around to see him try and put the door back on it's hinges. "Though one thing is for sure..." I raised a questioning eyebrow to him. "...Everything's back to normal." I just smiled. Yeah, everything is back to it's usual normal self.

-----

There may or may not be a Daisuke Jigen X reader in the works that will be released next.